Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

S3 tidbit

Old 09-29-2014, 12:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on pulling the trigger. Too bad on the Daytona, but Monsoon looks great.

Did they give you any details on how long it would take for it to arrive? I've ordered an A3 2.0T with sport package and B&O, but I keep seeing amazing looking posts and reviews on the forums about the S3, and I'm beginning to toy around with ordering an S3 instead.

Also, if you wouldn't mind sharing, how was your final price relative to MSRP or invoice (if you happen to know)?

Thanks. Congrats again.
-Ian
Old 09-29-2014, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Just in case you didn't read elsewhere, Audi is producing 350 Daytona package S3 vehicles. Some are already delivered and rest are on their way to the US Audi dealers nationwide. They are in the Daytona Grey and the paint cost works out to $900 I understand when you back off the value of the options in the package.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by icourtnage
Congrats on pulling the trigger. Too bad on the Daytona, but Monsoon looks great.

Did they give you any details on how long it would take for it to arrive? I've ordered an A3 2.0T with sport package and B&O, but I keep seeing amazing looking posts and reviews on the forums about the S3, and I'm beginning to toy around with ordering an S3 instead.

Also, if you wouldn't mind sharing, how was your final price relative to MSRP or invoice (if you happen to know)?

Thanks. Congrats again.
-Ian
Ian,

Thanks for the post. They originally told me to expect the car in late November or early December. The car seems to be ahead of schedule, as I received word yesterday that it was being built. The car was 6% below MSRP (45,680) with the metallic paint and prestige package. It came to 49 and change with the sales tax (7.25) and fees.

You would absolutely love the S3. I really do believe its worth the wait. I had the opportunity to test drive it before ordering. It is an amazing car, both fast and agile. I was debating on purchasing an S4 and enjoyed driving the S3 more. The S4 at the time was only a marginal cost difference for a 2015 (20 per month) or even a lesser payment for a 2014 at the time.

According to the Audi inventory, there seem to be a ton stateside. Try to drive one if you can. I think you will love it.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks! Glad to hear you are still getting a decent deal vs MSRP despite the (somewhat) smaller production run and pent-up demand.

Supposedly I can go pick up my A3 today, but I think I'll have to test drive the S3 before committing to anything (my deposit on the A3 is fully refundable).

Congrats again!
Old 09-30-2014, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Prestige starts at $47K?

Are you getting a nice discount?
I ordered P+ with Nav , Back up camera and Convenience. Sepang blue with titanium/black seats. Are we getting the special sports seats?
They gave build date week 46. Should get before the end of year.
Decided to get S3 instead of S4 because of $6K price difference and better gas mileage.

Thanks for the post. They originally told me to expect the car in late November or early December. The car seems to be ahead of schedule, as I received word yesterday that it was being built. The car was 6% below MSRP (45,680) with the metallic paint and prestige package. It came to 49 and change with the sales tax (7.25) and fees.

You would absolutely love the S3. I really do believe its worth the wait. I had the opportunity to test drive it before ordering. It is an amazing car, both fast and agile. I was debating on purchasing an S4 and enjoyed driving the S3 more. The S4 at the time was only a marginal cost difference for a 2015 (20 per month) or even a lesser payment for a 2014 at the time.

According to the Audi inventory, there seem to be a ton stateside. Try to drive one if you can. I think you will love it.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]
Old 09-30-2014, 03:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dplaw09
Ian,

Hope this helps.
$45,680? That's a darn good deal! I assume this is without any other options? I was quoted $45965 for the Prestige with metallic paint and 19" Package, however that is through Audi Military Sales.