Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2015 S3 introduction!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Storm982
Dang. Looks so clean!
thx Storm!

Awesome weather in philly today!
Loving the S3, the B&O, the sunroof, the tune!
Unitronic stage 1+, so perfect.
You can't tell it's tuned, aside from the extra power (which is delivered perfectly).

Love the wheels on the car, sure they look good....
but the 245/35/19 tire size, I can FEEL the difference.

I got a new camera this week to supplement my DSLR kit.
The new one is a smaller camera, not a DSLR.
fuji X100T
loving it!

Sepang Blue Audi S3 with HRE FF01 19x8.5, 245/35 Conti DW Summer tires. 35% Tint
Old 04-26-2015, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

some new images to share today.

Audi S3 Sepang Blue
by RyebreadPics, on Flickr

Audi S3 Sepang Blue

Audi S3 Sepang Blue

Audi S3 Sepang Blue
Old 04-26-2015, 11:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RyanS3
some new images to share today.

Audi S3 Sepang Blue

Audi S3 Sepang Blue

Audi S3 Sepang Blue

Audi S3 Sepang Blue
Is that your house? wow you must be within that top 1% that everybody is so jealous of jk
Old 04-27-2015, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by salvadorik
Is that your house? wow you must be within that top 1% that everybody is so jealous of jk
i'm poor actually.

Hangin' out with some ModdedEuros

cars and coffee

cars and coffee

cars and coffee
Old 04-27-2015, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RyanS3
i'm poor actually.

Hangin' out with some ModdedEuros

cars and coffee

cars and coffee

cars and coffee
Yeah Right...
Old 04-28-2015, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm the poorest one here.

My purpose... is to bring Audi value down a peg.... I kid.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I took a quick iphone video today in the interior of my S3
this is only for n00bs!

Old 05-08-2015, 03:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

more stupid videos for the n00bs

Old 05-20-2015, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The car just hit 3,000 miles. This means 2,000 miles with the Unitronic 1+ tune. The tune gives the car the extra performance it deserves. No signs of anything weird, no cel... no weird sounds. Shifting is the same as stock, and while I'm not experiencing harsh shifts, I want a DSG tune. The factory programming really holds 2nd gear far too long in S mode. I have been using M mode the most, the car is too much fun to ignore M mode, especially with 350+hp. The map is solid. Not peaky at all. Just smooth power with a perfect delivery. You wouldn't believe the delivery. It just feels like a bigger engine was put in.... just perfection. At this point, the car is feeling stronger than ever, as it's breaking in and I become more comfortable with it. Not one visit to the dealer yet. And I don't have the UniConnect yet, as it's not available for our cars (at least I don't think so).

Looking back at the mods I have done so far, and the mods I haven't done yet...

I am very pleased with H&R Sport Springs. The ride was a little bumpy before, but handling wasn't great. Now the ride is just a splash bumpier, but the handling is sublime! So it's a no-brainer.

I went with 245/35/19" tires, and it's so much better. The car seems to float over most of the holes in the roads out here, now. I like the extra traction. And the larger size seems to tame the slightly bumpier suspension. The car feels more planted. I did go with an 8.5" wide wheel, which asks for a 245 tire. The 235 tires is fine on the oem 8" wide wheel.

The black vinyl trim & liquid black optic, love both. Wish I could have just purchased the Black Optics pkg, but it wasn't available, in the long run, I saved money while getting into the car a lot sooner! Also, I can rip it off, and the car will be mint underneath. The side trim is vinly. The front and rear of the car were sprayed with Halo EFX, a high quality, oem-look spray. I had this done in January, it endured a very harsh winter just fine! Looks as new, now in May. C-Quartz ceramic paint protection for the entire car, everything just wipes right off the car now, easy to wash and dry/spray wax. Full front wrap with 3M Pro Shield PPF. Well, with this car, I wrapped it right out of the box, so I had the protection, but even still.... I have been practicing a new approach - stay back of trucks, especially when they don't have good mud flaps, or require larger fender flares... don't tailgate on dirty roads.... etc.. Even still, I have a few knicks in the wrap now. So I guess it was money well spent.

The OEM brakes seem great for the street, even with the extra power from the Unitronic map. Initial grab is very surprising and takes a little getting used to, after driving something else. I wouldn't mind different pads though, to eliminate the brake dust vomit. No track days yet.

Trunk surprises me at times, more space available then I thought. But usually I am folding a seat down to carry a lot of stuff. Seats are comfy. Loving the sunroof and B&O sound. Sepang Blue was a good choice.

Road trips are fun. The car is dangerous though. It's such a beast now. I want to play HARD on the highways, weaving in/out. The car feels light and nimble, and has so much power now. The springs and tires, along with the tune.... you can do anything! The Golf R I had formerly, felt too hyper active. This S3, with just a few mods, is striking to see, confident to drive, and potent when pushed.

LED lighting pkg looks incredible. Not sure if they do anything for me at night, when compared with xenons, but I am happy I got them.

I don't regret any of the mods I've done so far. With my previous VAG car, the Golf R - I made a few mistakes getting intakes that weren't perfect. Tunes that were too peaky. Wheels that weren't special enough to warrant switching them on/off twice for winters. This car, all perfection so far. As new HW becomes available, I may upgrade a few things.

Cheers

Last edited by RyanS3; 05-20-2015 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

this is more for the n00bs.
ESC SPORT MODE is fantastic. The car actually feels lighter on it's feet, like more power is coming from the rear... lol not really. But it does feel like it, to me, slightly. Imagine that though, if the programming could do that. Pop it into ESC Sport mode and the haldex programming is changed along with the typical Stability Control tweaks. That would be epic fun. Someone make that happen!!

Anyhow, if you haven't tried it yet, unless you live in the North Pole, dew it. Get to know your car better, turn ESC to Sport Mode by pressing the ESC button in the center of the dash one time. It's great fun and more "how the car should feel". If you're green and scared... just don't do it with the wife in the car or 150lbs of tools in the trunk. Choose the right time. Make sure the tires are warm, and the roads are not cold. I'm being a sissy, it's really not a big deal. I'm just making sure you don't kill yourself.

You will notice it when you're creeping up to an intersection at 5-10 mph, you don't have to stop, and you want to hammer it and get through the turn and into serious power as you're straightening out... the nanny's won't kick in (as much) and you have more power to get through the turn. Get ready to smile. The car (especially with summer tires on hot roads) just picks up and goes! Also off-camber events at low speed (usually at an intersection), you won't feel the bog-down when one sensor was freaking out. I imagine guys with a rear sway bar, you really should try this out.

Safety disclaimer... I didn't tell you to try this.

Quick Reply: 2015 S3 introduction!