Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2015 S3 introduction!

Old 01-01-2015, 09:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice to see the ole East Coast and an S3 at the same time. (I'm originally from Doylestown, been in SF for 23 years).

Nice review, love the Vdub comparo, not ashamed to admit that I briefly considered the Golf R.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After seeing your seats im stoked that I got the black/ titanium seats... Just hope I don't have problems with wearing jeans ...sweet ride
Old 01-02-2015, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by arU4ic
Nice to see the ole East Coast and an S3 at the same time. (I'm originally from Doylestown, been in SF for 23 years).

Nice review, love the Vdub comparo, not ashamed to admit that I briefly considered the Golf R.
Bought my last car from Fred Beans. Now moving to LA and will collect another Sepang in about a week. Can't wait.

Congrats on the car! Maybe ill see some of these in NJ before we leave!
Old 01-02-2015, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mod #1
Silly mod, at that

I took my Liftmaster garage door opener, removed the metal sunvisor clip from it. Applied 3M velcro to the back of the opener.
Mounted it up on the wall behind the cup holders.
Really disappointing that the car doesn't have universal garage door openers in it, since I have a few garages that I visit on occasion. But it's not a big deal, take a deep breath!

I don't like having an opener rattling around. Or risk someone breaking in and stealing it.
But my car rests in a garage at nights, so the risk is low.
With that said, the opener (where it's mounted) blends in so well, nobody will see it

if you look really hard, you can barely see it, from this angle

opener stealth mount

this image will give you a better look

opener better look
Old 01-02-2015, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by arU4ic
I have only lived here, but I travel quite a bit. I love CA, but I'm sort of stuck here now
I live in Ardmore, so I'm pretty happy overall. But SF, wow, so jealous. Cheers

Originally Posted by seasonednuts
After seeing your seats im stoked that I got the black/ titanium seats... Just hope I don't have problems with wearing jeans ...sweet ride
This wasn't a critical decision for me. But I do like them! Thx man

Originally Posted by Syrome
Bought my last car from Fred Beans. Now moving to LA and will collect another Sepang in about a week. Can't wait.
Congrats on the car! Maybe ill see some of these in NJ before we leave!
I love FB!!! I had a tech there, he would do anything, modded or not. Good group there. Really clean.
Good luck with your sepang'r!!!
Old 01-02-2015, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RyanA3
Mod #1
Silly mod, at that

I took my Liftmaster garage door opener, removed the metal sunvisor clip from it. Applied 3M velcro to the back of the opener.
Mounted it up on the wall behind the cup holders.
Really disappointing that the car doesn't have universal garage door openers in it, since I have a few garages that I visit on occasion. But it's not a big deal, take a deep breath!

I don't like having an opener rattling around. Or risk someone breaking in and stealing it.
But my car rests in a garage at nights, so the risk is low.
With that said, the opener (where it's mounted) blends in so well, nobody will see it

if you look really hard, you can barely see it, from this angle

opener stealth mount

this image will give you a better look

opener better look
We have to do what we have to do but Audi completely failed on this! There is no sound logic what so ever!

I purchased a new garage door opener that I can operate with my iPhone. There are also add-ons that you could use with an existing garage door opener if one wanted to.

I was not willing to use the hand held opener in my car.

I got my tickets for the North American International Auto Show and I will certainly be expressing my opinion on this matter when I visit the Audi booth in a couple of weeks.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by drober30
We have to do what we have to do but Audi completely failed on this! There is no sound logic what so ever!
I purchased a new garage door opener that I can operate with my iPhone. There are also add-ons that you could use with an existing garage door opener if one wanted to.
I was not willing to use the hand held opener in my car.
I got my tickets for the North American International Auto Show and I will certainly be expressing my opinion on this matter when I visit the Audi booth in a couple of weeks.
I agree. Hey I have that on my phone too. But it's buggy right? I have it incorporated with my Alarm.com app actually.
Why didn't you want to use the hand held in the car? Security risk?
cheers
Old 01-02-2015, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

some iphone images from the past 24 hours:

Album artwork

Kenu phone clip, doesnt really work in this car

S3 stuff

S3 stuff

Not sure what this thing is yet
by RyebreadPics, on Flickr

S3 stuff

35% 3M Color Stable Tint

Headlamp Switch

Glove Box
Old 01-02-2015, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Requires little or no skill, to drive this car fast. Perfect for me. I ain't got time to row!
Ryan, Beautiful car and best of luck but your statement above, wow! I'm waiting for the rumored S3 manual later this year for just that reason. To each his own. I just hope it doesn't happen to me! :0
Old 01-02-2015, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

I agree. Hey I have that on my phone too. But it's buggy right? I have it incorporated with my Alarm.com app actually.
Why didn't you want to use the hand held in the car? Security risk?
cheers
I purchased the Sears Craftsman AssureLink garage door openers and they work great! No complaints at all.

Not wanting to use the hand held remotes has nothing to do with security but more with refusal to accept no home link. It's a $50k car for gods sake!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 S3 introduction!