Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2015 S3 introduction!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stunning !! They need to offer that as an option ! Great job
Old 01-28-2015, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

getting used to life without chrome

S3
Old 01-28-2015, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by RyanA3
getting used to life without chrome

S3
Best looking Sepang 3 I've seen! Looks awesome man I love that blue on black look! Kinda wish I'd have gotten a Sepang instead of Black
Old 01-28-2015, 06:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Slick! I like it a lot!

What does a shop charge to do that?
Old 01-29-2015, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

thx guys

Originally Posted by audijess1972
What does a shop charge to do that?
$400-500 in philly for all three front grills and rear valance.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

H&R Sport Springs on the way! Incredible price, too. Apparently H&R is not shipping enough gear to the states for our S3 family Rear sway bars are on backorder, there are a few fronts here. Sport springs are scarce. I wanted to get stuff moving now, so I have everything for the upcoming season. So I placed an order today, so I'm at the front of the line for all this stuffff.

I recently learned that Modded Euros price matches. And with the current sale at AWE, it's a good time.

Email them at support@moddedeuros.com and mention the S3 facebook group and they'll even take an additional 5% off - NOT including price match deals.

Shipping was really cheap.

Good luck y'all http://www.moddedeuros.com/audi/s3/8v-2015

part numbers! for S3: h&r sport springs 50343. h&r super sport springs 50343-77. front sway bar 70340. rear sway bar 71340.
The sport springs 1/2" drop front and rear for cars without mag ride vs. 3/4" drop for cars with mag ride. The super sport springs lower the cars without mag ride 1" all around vs. 1.2" front & 1.3" rear on cars with mag ride.

Last edited by RyanS3; 01-31-2015 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

On my way to moar low. But not too much moar low!

H&R SPORT SPRINGS c/o Modded Euros

H&R TECH STUFF including my OEM height

H&R INVOICE Modded Euros

H&R REAR SPRING

for my S3 brethren in other countries, the #'s on my springs....

H&R FRONT SPRING

H&R REAR SPRING
Old 02-03-2015, 06:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Awesome!

Please let me know if the axle needed to be removed to get the front struts out to change the springs? or any other tips and tricks!!!

I will be doing mine soon.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Here is evidence that my car does get dirty! I took a pic with good light on the wheel wells for y'all!

Audi S3 with all seasons, 18"s, 8mm spacers, and H&R Sport Springs c/o ModdedEuros, installed at CB Tuning in PA.

Audi S3 with all seasons, 18", 8mm spacers, and H&R Sport Springs c/o ModdedEuros, installed at CB Tuning in PA

^this is before the car was taken out of the garage for the road test

To sum it up. These are a great, cost effective way to get a two things accomplished, 1. look: fix that ride height, remove SUV look. 2. performance: handling, turn-in, road feel. I will tell you this - put springs or coils on this car, and it feels like you just went from 20psi to 40! Now I know... the OEM S3 springs are SOFT. Wow this made a huge difference. These springs cost me around $208, not a typo, they are on sale right now. Normally they are around $240. Installation is around $250-375 at a smaller local shop or $500-600 at one of the boutique shops. Do the math, and then order springs for your S3.

Install is VERY straight forward. Didn't have to touch the axle or lower ball joint. Take out the pinch bolt and three upper strut mount bolts. Took me 55 mins to get to the shop. Took about 75 mins to install the four springs. I'll wait around 300 miles, before aligning.

Audi S3 with all seasons, 18", 8mm spacers, and H&R Sport Springs c/o ModdedEuros, installed at CB Tuning in PA

LOOK: 10/10. I didn't want to slam this car. This is perfect. It sits low, you can definitely tell it's dropped! Nice ride height, VERY slight rake. When compared with the old VWR springs that many of us put on the mk6 Golf R, I'd say these are a slightly more aggressive drop, which is welcomed here.

COMFORT: If stock is 10/10, and something like a bone jarring super sport being 3/10.... then these are 8/10. Very odd, the S3, in stock form, isn't really THAT comfy, especially when considering that body roll, turn-in, and road feel need major improvement - based on USA springs!!! A 335 sits low from the factory, is more comfy than the stock S3, handles better (less body roll, better turn-in, better road feel). So now, this S3, well it still isn't as comfy, but it handles amazingly!!! For full disclosure, I would rate the VWR springs, compared to the mk6 R oem springs, one mark more comfy than these, so they would get a 9/10. Would I do this again, hell yes. It's not bad at all. It feels like a sport suspension!

PERFORMANCE: This is how it should come from the factory. It's dialed in. The sweepers feel like a dream. Quick switch-backs, are a LOT better now. The die-hards will still want a rear sway bar, which will help there, but this is more than enough. MOST will NOT require a RSB, if you get springs, this CHASSIS is that good. Highway it's fine, not straining on the driver or passenger at all. If you're going over an imperfection on the highway at high speed, you will notice that you are no longer on OEM springs, but it's nothing major. I really do not think my wife will be able to tell, but I'll test it out and report back. On/Off ramps are SOOOO MUCH MORE FUN NOW. The car feels so much more connected to the road at all times. Jumped into the car and left CB Tuning, which is in the mtns, and drove an hour home to Philly...it was almost like getting a tune. It was EXCITING to drive the car. Changing lanes at high speed, you are able to get in and out, swiftly and WAY more confidently - night and day!!! Around town, you are now looking out (more) for pot holes and bumps, because you're lower now, and you don't want to destroy anything, including the plastic oil pan! But there is still very good ground clearance.

HEIGHT: Stock S3 springs, sitting in my decently level garage was F: 26 3/8" floor to fender or 14 1/2" center of wheel to fender. R: 25 7/8" or 13 7/8". Now, it's F: 25" or 13 1/4". R: 25 1/8" or 13 1/8". As you can see, my car dropped a bit more than H&R advertised. No complaints at this time.

Part numbers! for S3: H&R sport springs 50343. h&r super sport springs 50343-77. front sway bar 70340. rear sway bar 71340.

These measurements below are c/o H&R.:
The sport springs (I have these) 1/2" drop front and rear for cars without mag ride vs. 3/4" drop for cars with mag ride. The super sport springs slam the cars without mag ride 1" all around vs. 1.2" front & 1.3" rear on cars with mag ride. Again, I have the sport springs. I know of at least two S3 owners who regret having installed the super sport version. One of which, switched to sport springs, and he's happy.

With all of these images, including several profile shots with adequate light, hopefully you can get a good feel for exactly how these springs will affect the height of an S3.
I hope this is useful info in some way! Happy modding.

Cheers!

Audi S3 with 225/40/18 tires, 8mm spacers, and HR Sport Springs c/o ModdedEuros, installed at CB Tuning in PA

Audi S3 with 225/40/18 tires, 8mm spacers, and HR Sport Springs c/o ModdedEuros, installed at CB Tuning in PA

Last edited by RyanS3; 02-08-2015 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Car looks fantastic. I just picked mine up a few days ago, but you already did what I intend to do to it. Which brand of spacers did you go with? I see you are 8mm all around. I was looking at the ECS ones (10mm up front and 17.5mm in the back), but I wanted to see what options were out there.

Have you experienced any rubbing at all with the new springs? This seems like the setup I want, but I have the 19" wheels and am unsure if I will get rubbing with the same springs.

Quick Reply: 2015 S3 introduction!