Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2015 S3: No memory seats?

Old 09-30-2014, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 S3: No memory seats?

I ordered a S3, Sepang blue, P+ with 3 packages.
Just realized no sight of memory seats. For a $47K car don't seem right!
Old 09-30-2014, 11:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, super annoying where they skimped… no homelink either AND you can get both in a toyota or honda. arg.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this merely just another featured abandoned by AudiUSA like the fog lights, headlight washers, and park assist?
Old 10-01-2014, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gamegenie
Is this merely just another featured abandoned by AudiUSA like the fog lights, headlight washers, and park assist?
Still think that park assist is available (I could be wrong though). Headlight washers? Hate them. What's funny is that the A3/S3 still have the cutouts on the bumper for the washers. I've had 2 cars with headlight washers. A 1998 A4 1.8t and a 2001 BMW 330i. Both started to leak after 3 years of ownership. All the fluid would drain out in a day or so. I had to put washer fluid in the car every few days, most of the time I would drive around with no fluid at all in the car. Both cars were out of warranty when it happened. Cost to fix? $325 for the BMW. It was cheaper (albeit less convenient) to replenish the washer fluid than it was to get it fixed. Both cars were sold and I vowed to never get a car with headlight washers ever again. Rant over.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can confirm there are no memory seats nor homelink. That does suck. But there are headlight washers. They already annoyed me. As they are linked to the windshield washer system, trying to clean your windshield will clean your headlights if your lights are on. Found that out yesterday. Dreary day and had my lights on. At a stop light wanted to clean the windshield. Headlight washer shot fluid all over the hood. Not cool on my nice Mythos Black paint. LOL. Dealer rep confirmed if the headlights are off, the headlight washer will not function. Haven't had a car with headlight washers in 25+ years. Hope I do NOT get leaks, etc as the other poster mentioned. If that is the case, they I will be pinching off those tube real quick. Otherwise love the car. And since I'm really the only one who will drive it, the memory seats issue is not major to me.

Last edited by Fixeroh; 10-02-2014 at 06:51 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
I can confirm there are no memory seats nor homelink. That does suck. But there are headlight washers. They already annoyed me. As they are linked to the windshield washer system, trying to clean your windshield will clean your headlights if your lights are on. Found that out yesterday. Dreary day and had my lights on. At a stop light wanted to clean the windshield. Headlight washer shot fluid all over the hood. Not cool on my nice Mythos Black paint. LOL. Dealer rep confirmed if the headlights are off, the headlight washer will not function. Haven't had a car with headlight washers in 25+ years. Hope I get leaks, etc as the other poster mentioned. If that is the case, they I will be pinching off those tube real quick. Otherwise love the car. And since I'm really the only one who will drive it, the memory seats issue is not major to me.
This is breaking news playa!

The talk between the 3 USA Audi forums (Audizine, VWVortex, and this forum) have been that there are no headlight washers. You're the first who gave an account of having them.

To each his own as I want headlight washers as it will be a feature that Audi has not reneged us out of.

When did you order and get your A3/S3?
Old 10-02-2014, 03:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was thinking the same thing...I scrubbed their website and the purchase order I have and nowhere does it list headlight washer nozzles.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is breaking news playa!

The talk between the 3 USA Audi forums (Audizine, VWVortex, and this forum) have been that there are no headlight washers. You're the first who gave an account of having them.

To each his own as I want headlight washers as it will be a feature that Audi has not reneged us out of.

When did you order and get your A3/S3?
Ordered my S3 in beginning of August and picked it up 27 Sept. I will definitely like the headlight washer this winter when the slush builds up on the front of the car.

Also, if you have the full LED package, you will have fog lights. But they are integrated into the headlight assembly. Used them this morning. Have not gotten a chance to see where exactly in the headlight assembly they are located but it is quite obvious when I turn the fog light switch on and off.

Hope this info helps a bit!
Old 10-02-2014, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
Ordered my S3 in beginning of August and picked it up 27 Sept. I will definitely like the headlight washer this winter when the slush builds up on the front of the car.
You wont like them when they start to leak.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:57 AM
MML
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Spoonie G
You wont like them when they start to leak.
I agree, and I don't think they really do a good job cleaning the lights anyhow... I personally would rather have homelink.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 S3: No memory seats?