Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2015 S3: No memory seats?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 10:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gamegenie
But I sympathize with a lot of you and I originally had my eyes on the A4, but switched to the A3 because it had newer style interior and technology.

Had the B9 A4 been out last year I would have custom ordered the A4.

I have this sinking feeling that the B9 A4/S4 are going to be bigger bodies of the A3/S3.

Which is really going to make me squeemish when I see the 2016 A4 this year and see how it now has the side mirrors on the door like the A3 and I'll be wishing the B9 had just arrived sooner.

If any the only thing I'm ticked off with Audi, which I'm trying to point out to you guys is they are deliberately whacking features from the US.

-- Park Assist
-- Engine Stop-Start
-- Hold Assist
-- Amber blinking with active running DRL on the headlights
-- no Amber lights on the rear tail lights.
I think they didn't put in start/stop because the average American doesn't even realize what it does. As for hold assist do you mean like on hills? I notice my car does that already. I think it really is more beneficial to manual anyway which we cant get . Amber blinking with DRL is there on the non-LED headlights as far as I know. And most companies don't do amber lights on the rear tails for the states, again why I do not know.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I gotta say that I was shocked that my premium plus A3 cab had manual seats, manual mirror (no biggie) and no homelink! My 2012 TT roadster, which was primitive to the extreme with its tech, had power seats and homelink. C'mon AOA!

I still love the car, but this feels like nickel and diming!
Old 01-21-2015, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm surprised the Advanced Key doesn't remember your seat settings.

Isn't that what they sort of advertise.

Then again they also say the key cannot be locked inside the vehicle. :|
Old 01-21-2015, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

It can't be locked inside the vehicle. Auto lock and locking using the advanced key are two different things. You can't place the key inside, then lock the vehicle. If it's on autolock (30 seconds without opening a door) you could throw the key in an open moonroof and it will still lock. Because you never opened a door, it's not looking for the key inside anymore.

And yes, it sucks that the seats aren't remembered by the keys. Although it seems the climate control and mirrors are? Anyone else see this occurring?
Old 01-22-2015, 02:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EGainer
It can't be locked inside the vehicle. Auto lock and locking using the advanced key are two different things. You can't place the key inside, then lock the vehicle. If it's on autolock (30 seconds without opening a door) you could throw the key in an open moonroof and it will still lock. Because you never opened a door, it's not looking for the key inside anymore.

And yes, it sucks that the seats aren't remembered by the keys. Although it seems the climate control and mirrors are? Anyone else see this occurring?
Umm.... what? Doesn't the moonroof closes on its own when the car is locked? I never attempted.

AFAIK you cannot turn off the car's autolock, and it can by chance lock the advance key inside the car as it did with me in the trunk. Which it is not suppose to do, and I couldn't get it to replicate the 2nd time.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

My wife and I discovered recently that the Individual setting in Drive Select is tied to our keys. It was a bit like salt in the wound because it seems they could have at least extended this to include seat position as well.