Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2016 A3 Sportback e-tron

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 04:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 A3 Sportback e-tron

Is anyone else here awaiting the arrival of their A3 e-tron? I was the first in my region to place an order, and the dealership is supposed to be receiving theirs at the same time. It was produced in week 43 (mid October) and has been sitting in a port in Florida for the last couple weeks. I just learned today from my dealer that they found out that the EPA is apparently refusing to release them until they've had a chance to re-evaluate them. Seeing as they aren't diesel powered, I'm not sure why we'd be subjected to delays even with the scandal disclosed earlier this year?

Curious if anyone else has ordered theirs or knows anything more.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only thing I can think of jeremy of why EPA might be holding those eTrons because diesel wasn't the only engine subjugated into the emission scandal, one petrol engine was affected as well and that was the 1.4 TFSI engine.

That so happen to be the engine Audi chose to use in the A3 Etron.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jeremyrclark
Is anyone else here awaiting the arrival of their A3 e-tron? I was the first in my region to place an order, and the dealership is supposed to be receiving theirs at the same time. It was produced in week 43 (mid October) and has been sitting in a port in Florida for the last couple weeks. I just learned today from my dealer that they found out that the EPA is apparently refusing to release them until they've had a chance to re-evaluate them. Seeing as they aren't diesel powered, I'm not sure why we'd be subjected to delays even with the scandal disclosed earlier this year?

Curious if anyone else has ordered theirs or knows anything more.
I too ordered back in August when the pricing was announced. Put a deposit down for a Premium Plus Scuba Blue with gray interior. The latest I was told by my sales rep is that the hold up is with the IRS regarding federal and state rebates. Once the Feds give them the go ahead, they'll be ready.

However, I highly doubt this since Volkswagen of American was not given certification yet to sell this car from the California Air Resources Board. Actually, the latest certification that VW/Audi cars received was back in September 22, 2015 for the 1.4 liter engine in the 2016 base Jetta. All other car companies have steadily received certifications for their respective 2016 models. Link here.

I believe the EPA already released this vehicle since it already received fuel economy numbers. Actually, there are two ratings, the base "ultra" and the larger wheel non-"ultra" which makes it confusing. I didn't know wheel sizes makes huge efficiency difference. Link here.

So take this all with a grain of salt and just keep waiting... That BMW i3 rEX is looking might tempting with a year end lease special!

-Ben
Old 12-08-2015, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Also, I have the VIN number of my e-tron!
Old 12-10-2015, 10:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we order a prestige but are going to jump on another car if it comes sooner. We're needing the car for the Green sticker in California. We've been told the EPA is holding the cars at the port still. I get on ETA of Dec 20 or 22. but its upto the EPA. The date I was given probably didn't take into consideration that VW got into. We're almost running out of green stickers and if we don't get to use one. We're canceling our order.
Old 12-23-2015, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default NO MORE GREEN STICKERS!!!

Originally Posted by joseaudi
we order a prestige but are going to jump on another car if it comes sooner. We're needing the car for the Green sticker in California. We've been told the EPA is holding the cars at the port still. I get on ETA of Dec 20 or 22. but its upto the EPA. The date I was given probably didn't take into consideration that VW got into. We're almost running out of green stickers and if we don't get to use one. We're canceling our order.
Well, Audi really miss the boat on this! CARB announced today that they have reached the 85,000 maximum green stickers issued. So no more HOV green stickers. Way to **** it up Audi!

BYE AUDI
Old 12-25-2015, 02:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bruinmac
Well, Audi really miss the boat on this! CARB announced today that they have reached the 85,000 maximum green stickers issued. So no more HOV green stickers. Way to **** it up Audi!

BYE AUDI
CA will likely issue more green strikers. Stay tuned. Don't rule Audi out yet. I don't know anything concrete but California's been extending the limit and general consensus believes more sticker will be allowed.
Old 12-25-2015, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

how is going to some other brand going to help you get you a green sticker?

just wait they will release more stickers like they have done every time they cap out.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by markN1689
how is going to some other brand going to help you get you a green sticker?

just wait they will release more stickers like they have done every time they cap out.
Either going full on electric with a BEV car like the i3 or e-Golf or MB250e for white stickers. I heard that some Chevy dealers sell Volt with green stickers already with them.
Old 12-26-2015, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bruinmac
Either going full on electric with a BEV car like the i3 or e-Golf or MB250e for white stickers. I heard that some Chevy dealers sell Volt with green stickers already with them.
dude you should totally get the volt
do it for the green stickers

Last edited by markN1689; 12-26-2015 at 07:33 PM.

Quick Reply: 2016 A3 Sportback e-tron