Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2016 A3 Sportback e-tron

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 12:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulation eTron owners.

Now, start posting pics of your cars!
Old 01-09-2016, 09:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear you're getting that kind of results on the mileage, it gives me some hope. Was that mostly highway/freeway driving? The most I've seen mine display when I start is 22mi, perhaps once I get the 240V charger and the app so I can remotely turn on the heater/AC while it's plugged in, it'll help.

Also great to hear about the 20A circuit working fine, I'm going to go ahead and order an adapter cable for mine. Still nothing from Bosch about the dock/cabinet but I'm starting to wonder if I really need it, as long as I get an adapter cable that's long enough to essentially work as an extension cord too so I have more flexibility with the placement of the bulky part of the charge cord.

Keep us tuned on when you get your account # and PIN for the etron app. That's essentially where I'm blocked right now too. The dealer says they had no information on how to generate those, and are still working with the Audi support team. I never received the temporary passcode, though the Audi support person from the e-tron line had me go to etron.audiusa.com where there's a link to generate an account manually. I did that but the only thing I can do once logged in is add a vehicle by entering an account # and PIN.

Originally Posted by bruinmac
Picked up the car 1/8/16. Lease rates are not the best. Residual for my Premium Plus which MSRP is $43,585 is $21,356.65. Haven't got the app working yet. Apparently, according to the brochure, we're suppose to get 3 emails from Audi USA: Temporary password, Account number and PIN. I got the temporary password, but still waiting for the Account number and PIN. Called the number and the operator said the PIN is given by Verizon. When Audi gets it, they email the Account and PIN separately. This is actually the text of the email I got:
Congratulations on your new Audi A3 e-tron Purchase, including a no-charge trial of Audi connect e-tron services.® Security & Service.

We offer connectivity and convenience at your fingertips through the Audi connect e-tron web site . You will have remote access to check the status of your vehicle, review your trip statistics, set your battery charging timer and more.

Get started in 3 easy steps:

1. Go to etron.audiusa.com and enter temporary password and ID below:

User ID: xxxxxxxx@xxx.com
Password: xxxxxxx
2. Create a new password - follow the screen prompts to set a new password.

3. Add your vehicle by entering the Account number and PIN provided to you in separate emails from Audi USA. If you do not have access to these emails, please call (844) 573-8766 .

EXISTING Audi connect e-tron customers -- If you already have a Audi connect e-tron web site password, then log in at etron.audiusa.com and then add your new vehicle's account and PIN.

Please do not reply to this email.
As far as the charging, my 240V 20A service works! Estimate time to charge is a little over 2 hours. We left the dealer with 26 miles of AER on display. We actually got around 30-31 miles before the ICE woke up.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hah... about forgot to do so! Here's mine.

Originally Posted by gamegenie
Congratulation eTron owners.

Now, start posting pics of your cars!

2016 Audi A3 Sportback e-tron, Monsoon Grey, Prestige Package
Old 01-09-2016, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jeremyrclark
Glad to hear you're getting that kind of results on the mileage, it gives me some hope. Was that mostly highway/freeway driving? The most I've seen mine display when I start is 22mi, perhaps once I get the 240V charger and the app so I can remotely turn on the heater/AC while it's plugged in, it'll help.

Also great to hear about the 20A circuit working fine, I'm going to go ahead and order an adapter cable for mine. Still nothing from Bosch about the dock/cabinet but I'm starting to wonder if I really need it, as long as I get an adapter cable that's long enough to essentially work as an extension cord too so I have more flexibility with the placement of the bulky part of the charge cord.

Keep us tuned on when you get your account # and PIN for the etron app. That's essentially where I'm blocked right now too. The dealer says they had no information on how to generate those, and are still working with the Audi support team. I never received the temporary passcode, though the Audi support person from the e-tron line had me go to etron.audiusa.com where there's a link to generate an account manually. I did that but the only thing I can do once logged in is add a vehicle by entering an account # and PIN.
Can't you schedule the AC to come on using the MMI Plus system in your car? Looks like you have the Prestige model. Supposedly with that package, the HVAC can be scheduled to turn on. I don't have the Tech Package so I can't do that. As far as e-tron connect, I'm in the same boat as you -- waiting for account and PIN emails from Audi USA, which according the representative the PIN is assigned by Verizon.

Last edited by bruinmac; 01-10-2016 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Old 01-11-2016, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

that looks great bruin.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes, looking sharp there Ben!

I do have MMI, though I haven't had a chance to play around with all the settings yet (or even read the manual!). But yes, I do believe I can set up a schedule for the AC though I don't really have a daily schedule that works well for that (I work from home, so I don't have a commute at a set time daily). The phone app would give me the benefit of being able to start up the car for 10-15 minutes whenever I decide to take it out. I'm also keen to explore the data from trips to analyze my energy usage.

Still no dice here either, I'll check back with the dealer today.

Can't you schedule the AC to come on using the MMI Plus system in your car? Looks like you have the Prestige model. Supposedly with that package, the HVAC can be scheduled to turn on. I don't have the Tech Package so I can't do that. As far as e-tron connect, I'm in the same boat as you -- waiting for account and PIN emails from Audi USA, which according the representative the PIN is assigned by Verizon.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

@markN1689 Thanks!

@jeremyrclark Have you been able to activate your Audi Connect account? (note this is different from the e-tron connect account). Audi Connect is served by AT&T while the e-tron connect services is by Verizon. I don't have the Tech Package so I don't have the Audi Connect. Also you can those driving data from the MMI Plus screen (which I don't have access to).
-Ben

Last edited by bruinmac; 01-11-2016 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

@bruinmac: Yes, my Audi Connect has been working with no issues from the start. Seems odd that all of their Wifi systems have been AT&T for a while yet this etron Connect service is Verizon-based. BTW, has your 20A service still been working like a charm? Mileage still averaging over or around 20 on EV mode?

One update from today - the dealer called the support line again and got a different rep, this one sounding confident that they were aware of the issue and supposedly emails to customers were supposed to be going out today but I haven't seen anything. They thought I may not have received any of the emails because they claimed the dealer put my car information into the "old" system, and since the support rep we called on my delivery date told me to go ahead and create an account manually on etron.audiusa.com they now had to get someone in Audi Germany to remove me from that system so they could re-activate my account. All around it sounds like a bit of a mess. Hopefully they'll get it straightened out soon!

@markN1689 Thanks!

@jeremyrclark Have you been able to activate your Audi Connect account? (note this is different from the e-tron connect account). Audi Connect is served by AT&T while the e-tron connect services is by Verizon. I don't have the Tech Package so I don't have the Audi Connect. Also you can those driving data from the MMI Plus screen (which I don't have access to).
-Ben
Old 01-11-2016, 10:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

So charging the battery with zero miles left in the range, this is the maximum amount charge. I thought it has 7.7 kWh useable battery out of 8.8 kWh?

Chargepoint station at work

Quick Reply: 2016 A3 Sportback e-tron