Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2016 S3 Ordered!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had an email today from Audi - my S3 is in production. Next email will be when it gets to the port. How long does it take to produce an S3? 😳
Old 06-06-2015, 08:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomps
Had an email today from Audi - my S3 is in production. Next email will be when it gets to the port. How long does it take to produce an S3? 😳
What date did you order yours? That seems quick!
Old 06-07-2015, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Order date was May 19. I worked with my sales guy the week before, emailed ACNA on May 15 (Friday), got my discount form on Monday, finalized order and put down deposit on my way home from work Monday, May 18. Order went in on the 19th. I'm hoping it gets here mid to late August. Will know better after next update from Audi.
Old 06-27-2015, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Email from Audi today. Production of my S3 is complete and it is on the way the the port of Emden (northern Germany) for shipment to the U.S. The notification that it was in production was 3 weeks ago. If it takes a week to truck and train to the port, then about 10 days to get to the U.S. Port (Houston?), I should be driving early August. Not that I'm anxious or anything.....
Old 06-27-2015, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomps
Email from Audi today. Production of my S3 is complete and it is on the way the the port of Emden (northern Germany) for shipment to the U.S. The notification that it was in production was 3 weeks ago. If it takes a week to truck and train to the port, then about 10 days to get to the U.S. Port (Houston?), I should be driving early August. Not that I'm anxious or anything.....
call your SA to find out what boat your car is on and you can track it
Old 06-28-2015, 03:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received an email from Audi yesterday. " Your S3 is nearly ready for Delivery.
Your S3 has arrived in the United States, your salesperson will be calling to arrange delivery "

This is our first Audi, we ordered Glacier, SS seats, Black Optic Performance Package, B&O , Technology package, red calipers. Home link.

Our Dealer mentioned a clear vinyl coating for the front. Only thing is I love waxing/ detailing my cars and I wonder about the coating.

We keep cars a long time so I am also considering the extended warranty, we live in Michigan with awful roads so I wonder about wheel/tire coverage.

Although my Mustang has 19's with low profile tires, 255/40/19 285/35/19 and so far its been fine.

All the extra's IMO can really add up.

We fell in love with the S3 first time we saw one at the Detroit Auto Show in 2014,seemed to be just what we were looking for a small, sporty car with some luxury features and AWD. I also have to look into winter tires and wheels.

This forum has a wealth of good info.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

congrats! I would say yes to the clear vinyl but have it done somewhere else not from dealer!! and No to wheels/tire coverage

Originally Posted by Alloy07
Received an email from Audi yesterday. " Your S3 is nearly ready for Delivery.
Your S3 has arrived in the United States, your salesperson will be calling to arrange delivery "

This is our first Audi, we ordered Glacier, SS seats, Black Optic Performance Package, B&O , Technology package, red calipers. Home link.

Our Dealer mentioned a clear vinyl coating for the front. Only thing is I love waxing/ detailing my cars and I wonder about the coating.

We keep cars a long time so I am also considering the extended warranty, we live in Michigan with awful roads so I wonder about wheel/tire coverage.

Although my Mustang has 19's with low profile tires, 255/40/19 285/35/19 and so far its been fine.

All the extra's IMO can really add up.

We fell in love with the S3 first time we saw one at the Detroit Auto Show in 2014,seemed to be just what we were looking for a small, sporty car with some luxury features and AWD. I also have to look into winter tires and wheels.

This forum has a wealth of good info.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CHIO
congrats! I would say yes to the clear vinyl but have it done somewhere else not from dealer!! and No to wheels/tire coverage

THANKS much, I appreciate the advice !
Old 06-30-2015, 07:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wow. Some lucky people are taking deliveries of their 2016 S3's this week and as early as today!!!
Old 07-16-2015, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CHIO
call your SA to find out what boat your car is on and you can track it
My S3 is on the "Good Wood". Odd name for a ship. It is waiting to get into the port at Houston. My SA is attempting to find out what the delay is. My SA lives a block away. If he doesn't call I'll walk down to his house tomorrow!

Quick Reply: 2016 S3 Ordered!