Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2017 A3 - B&O Rattle in Speaker

Old 01-13-2017, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 A3 - B&O Rattle in Speaker

I have a 2017 A3 (approximately 1,700 miles and less than 3 months old). I opted for the B&O sound system (among many other options) and one of my passenger side speakers (possibly in the door) seems to rattle when songs with a lot of bass play. The short time I've owned my car, I've never blasted music at max volume nor at the max bass setting. I wanted to find out if any of you have had issues with the B&O sound system. I'm pretty sure the door paneling would need to be removed to look into/fix this. My fear in taking it to my dealership (since it's under warranty) is that this is most likely the case. I've heard from friends with hands-on car work experience that once a door panel is taken off, it's never the same once it's put back on. I worry that once this issue is resolved, another one may arise, and this may potentially become a never-ending issue. I'm sure this has been said by many, but it truly is disappointing to spend so much money on a car and have to deal with something like this. Am I overthinking this? I'm I just being paranoid? Any feedback on personal experiences or opinions about similar situations would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-13-2017, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

You indeed are being paranoid my friend! I worked in the auto industry for quite some time, much of it in service. I know it sounds "scary" to have your car interior taken apart, but it's no big thing. There are some repairs that are hard to be "the same as from the factory" when put back together, but they are few and far between. Trust me....removing a door panel is not one of them! Techs have taken off hundreds of panels, this is a routine deal for them and it's their job. I had a rattle and had to have a good portion of the rear seat and hatch trim removed on my brand new TT. It's all back together like new with no issues. So please, don't live with the rattle. Take it back under warranty and have it fixed so you can enjoy the car. Cars are just nuts and bolts and clips and screws.....internet folklore greatly exaggerates the "it will never be like it was from the factory" sentiment. In fact, with having no rush to complete the job as on the assembly line with the monotony and boredom of assembly over and over you tech might just put the panel back together BETTER than the factory. Clearly the factory didn't do a perfect job the first time....LOL. Everyone should work at a car dealership for a little while...they would really understand what goes on a lot better and all of the crazy internet chatter that goes on makes dealership employees roll their eyes in disgust.... HA HA
Old 01-13-2017, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

HA, paranoid, I may be. Honestly, again, the reason I brought this up, is I haven't heard any success stories with rattles or sounds or door panels being taken off. Thanks for the confidence! I will take a chance and call dealership and hope of the better techs impresses me to correct this.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Having the exact same problem! 17' S3 B&O. Passengers door is rattling with moderate bass and moderate volume. Really disappointed! Especially after moving from BMW to Audi. The B&O system isnt matching all of the hype!

​​​
Old 01-15-2017, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Well don't pass judgement yet....just let your dealer have the chance to resolve it. Shouldn't be too hard, it's free, and soon you will rocking out and enjoying the car. Don't let a little door panel rattle ruin your exciting new S3!
Old 01-15-2017, 09:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Please update us as I have the same problem with my passenger side speaker :/
Old 01-16-2017, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well, that's interesting that this is a kind of common problem in the same door area.