Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2017 US Order Guide A3 Cab, Sedan, e-tron, S3

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XtoEvolution
We agreed on the % off MSRP in writing.
That's usually the most appropriate and fair to all parties way of doing it. I used to have a company car and many of those orders were placed as soon as the color chips came out. It was a large enough company fleet the pricing was done directly with the car companies and dealer only got a fixed dollar amount for delivering the car. I was usually lucky if the car got washed, let alone all the protective coverings removed.

Going with a preorder is a nice way to go. It insures you will get the specific model you want in the color you want with the goodies you want or do not want. Some combinations are not easy to find otherwise and you still get the car relatively early in the model year.
Old 07-27-2016, 04:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcap28
I am having my 2 cars appraised for trade in and placing my order saturday with one of my local dealers .. i'll let you guys know what goes
Keep us posted... Looking to get a idea on % off MSRP.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jcap28
I am having my 2 cars appraised for trade in and placing my order saturday with one of my local dealers .. i'll let you guys know what goes
Initial decision may not that difficult. Key will be at the back end when the car comes in and whether they honor the quote or find a reason not to on the quote. I have not had that experience with an Audi dealer but it has happened to me in the past and I ended up walking when there was no reason for the dealer to do what they did.

If given a choice I would prefer dealing with at least Magna Society winner for a dealer. The best of the best are the Magna Society Elite dealers. They only get there by a bunch of positive feedback from customers.
Old 07-28-2016, 05:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BobMar46
Initial decision may not that difficult. Key will be at the back end when the car comes in and whether they honor the quote or find a reason not to on the quote. I have not had that experience with an Audi dealer but it has happened to me in the past and I ended up walking when there was no reason for the dealer to do what they did.

If given a choice I would prefer dealing with at least Magna Society winner for a dealer. The best of the best are the Magna Society Elite dealers. They only get there by a bunch of positive feedback from customers.

I hope they keep their word
I am also working with 2 other dealers in the area as well.

Last edited by jcap28; 07-28-2016 at 05:35 AM.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BobMar46

Looked into the Magna Elite and I have one about 20mins away from me. Good to know and hope that they're willing to work out a ~15% deal.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by turbologist
Looked into the Magna Elite and I have one about 20mins away from me. Good to know and hope that they're willing to work out a ~15% deal.
Not only do they have very high positive customer feedback, but they will not get to Elite status without very high volume. Usually the only way they will get to the latter is with competitive pricing. Unfortunately it is only a few in the country that get there. You are lucky to have one so close. The only Elite dealer in my area is 70+ miles away. Good luck on your negotiation.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by turbologist
Not a chance to get 15%. There is only 8% in the car!
Old 07-29-2016, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 19hole
Not a chance to get 15%. There is only 8% in the car!
Good point and appropriate based on 16 pricing. There will not be any extra incentives going on for the next year models to bring dealer cost down more. Even if there were those are usually based on taking delivery before a cutoff date. There is one advantage though on an ordered car and that is that the dealer does not have extended inventory interest cost. That always builds dealer cost. How much depends on how long the car is in inventory.

I usually prefer negotiating based on a net cost including the trade before taxes and fees. It is though a little more difficult getting accurate info about where the new one should be on a preorder. Trade value is more defined, but will have some variability depending on how much the dealer wants the trade and what they think they should be able to sell it for.

Some can be balanced by getting the specific combination you want and not having to accept extra cost stuff on the car that you do not want because the car is readily available.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hello, team audi! 1st post and looking into a new 2017 A3. How long does it take when pre ordering a car to get it? For instance, 2017 is supposed to hit dealerships around Oct. If I was to pre order in mid august when do you think it would come in? Is 2 months possible when ordering before I get it? Also, are there Internet Managers on here that I should work with on pre ordering to get a better deal, if it's possible? Cheers!
Old 07-29-2016, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Time will likely depend on whether they have one with the combination of trim,options and color you are looking for already in route. If not you could be looking at 2+ months. It could be faster if they have one coming in that you want or a relatively close dealer does and they are willing get it and trade.

Sometimes internet managers at dealers can provide the lowest upfront cost, but it will still depend on the value they provide for your trade. Some make up the difference in new pricing with lower on the trade to make up the difference.

Quick Reply: 2017 US Order Guide A3 Cab, Sedan, e-tron, S3