Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2017 US Order Guide A3 Cab, Sedan, e-tron, S3

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Audi2589, many leases require an up front payment to get to the advertised price. That can come from trade value and or net difference between trade value and what is still owed. If there is a surplus as an alternate to getting the cash back you should be able to negotiate lower monthly payments based on less net value being leased. Just like a lower priced car is less expensive to lease on a monthly basis, lower net initial cost should result in lower monthly payment.

On any lease be careful about mileage limit in the contract to make sure it is appropriate for the amount you drive. Some of the least expensive leases have very low mileage per year limits. That may or may not be appropriate. Generally it is less expensive to pay up front for mileage overage than when the car is turned in - per mile cost for overage on mileage is in the contract.

score0412, when you walk out the door with a written deal you have a two way agreement. The dealer agrees to sell you the car at an agreed cost and you have agreed to buy it at that cost. Yes there will be an adjustment if Audi raises the MSRP of the car, but proportionally you will get the same deal. Seldom are there promotions at the beginning of the model year. More often than not they would be late in the calendar year, spring time, or at end of the model year when the new ones are coming in. Even when they are available there is usually fine print restrictions that would not apply to orders placed before the promotion.
Old 07-30-2016, 11:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Getting a little concerned with my order. Agreed to % off MSRP on Monday and the salesman told me that the order would be placed the next day. It's Saturday and I have no screen shot of an order page or confirmation from my salesman that the order was placed. I did get an e-mail from the Sales Manager on Thursday saying that they traded a production spot with another dealer though so that I would get the car earlier.

I'm getting a little disappointed with the level of communication that I'm receiving.
Old 07-30-2016, 01:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My dealer would not let me order a 2017 since prices werent out. However, the deal I am getting with my 2 trade ins and the 16 are too good to pass up
Old 07-30-2016, 05:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

That's strange. If you really want a 2017, you should definitely reach out to another dealership because they are definitely taking orders on them right now.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by XtoEvolution
Getting a little concerned with my order. Agreed to % off MSRP on Monday and the salesman told me that the order would be placed the next day. It's Saturday and I have no screen shot of an order page or confirmation from my salesman that the order was placed. I did get an e-mail from the Sales Manager on Thursday saying that they traded a production spot with another dealer though so that I would get the car earlier.

I'm getting a little disappointed with the level of communication that I'm receiving.
Earlier is good. The email should be adequate. Hopefully they gave you a target date. That type of trade is done frequently particularly with cars that come from a long distance. Each dealer knows way in advance what they will be getting. Most would rather deliver it on the day of the sale but that does not always happen.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BobMar46
Earlier is good. The email should be adequate. Hopefully they gave you a target date. That type of trade is done frequently particularly with cars that come from a long distance. Each dealer knows way in advance what they will be getting. Most would rather deliver it on the day of the sale but that does not always happen.
I have not been given any kind of dates. I told them that I need the car by the last day of October so they know my timeline. My salesman told me last night that they were going to get the order in first thing this morning and that he would give me a status update. Haven't heard anything so far......
Old 07-31-2016, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Audi2589, many leases require an up front payment to get to the advertised price. That can come from trade value and or net difference between trade value and what is still owed. If there is a surplus as an alternate to getting the cash back you should be able to negotiate lower monthly payments based on less net value being leased. Just like a lower priced car is less expensive to lease on a monthly basis, lower net initial cost should result in lower monthly payment.

On any lease be careful about mileage limit in the contract to make sure it is appropriate for the amount you drive. Some of the least expensive leases have very low mileage per year limits. That may or may not be appropriate. Generally it is less expensive to pay up front for mileage overage than when the car is turned in - per mile cost for overage on mileage is in the contract.

score0412, when you walk out the door with a written deal you have a two way agreement. The dealer agrees to sell you the car at an agreed cost and you have agreed to buy it at that cost. Yes there will be an adjustment if Audi raises the MSRP of the car, but proportionally you will get the same deal. Seldom are there promotions at the beginning of the model year. More often than not they would be late in the calendar year, spring time, or at end of the model year when the new ones are coming in. Even when they are available there is usually fine print restrictions that would not apply to orders placed before the promotion.
Thanks again! I am disappointed that I can't take advantage on 2016 discounts but getting features and options is really worth it in a pre order since this will be a long term car unless I experience many issues. Also, I'm thinking since this is a 3rd year model there should be less issues to deal with unless virtual cockpit becomes an electronic nightmare.
Old 07-31-2016, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by score0412
Thanks again! I am disappointed that I can't take advantage on 2016 discounts but getting features and options is really worth it in a pre order since this will be a long term car unless I experience many issues. Also, I'm thinking since this is a 3rd year model there should be less issues to deal with unless virtual cockpit becomes an electronic nightmare.
The virtual cockpit is similar type display to the center MMI display. Those are reliable. The rest is handled by software and any issues should be be handled by that. While new to the 3 series, starting on the TT this display has been around for a while now. That should have given them opportunity to get out any bugs.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

The virtual cockpit is similar type display to the center MMI display. Those are reliable. The rest is handled by software and any issues should be be handled by that. While new to the 3 series, starting on the TT this display has been around for a while now. That should have given them opportunity to get out any bugs.
Thanks for replying local Chicago guy! The Virtual Cockpit would be amazing and glad to hear it may not be a worry option.
Old 08-02-2016, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

First potential Audi, I'm curious for this kind of preorder what is a reasonable % off MSRP that people are negotiating?

Quick Reply: 2017 US Order Guide A3 Cab, Sedan, e-tron, S3