Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2018 RS3 Sedan on Cdn/UK Website

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess you have to add the metallic paint and the transportation/prep fees.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CoOlSlY
Maybe that will make you place your order than so here's the order guide...
the base $62.9 includes the virtual dash and pretty much all of the Technik level stuff, I priced out an equivalent S3 at $52.8.

you can keep the Ceramic brakes (I don't track) and the Carbon fibre inlays, and would add the Black Optic Pack at $850, Metallic Paint at $800, and optional wheels at $400. I might go with the sport seats for me or the $0 electric seats for the family, also not sure the trade-off with the RS fixed Suspension. Is the Magnetic Suspension the same as my 2015 S3 or substantially retuned?

fun questions.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That amount of money for ceramic brakes is insane. Granted I know carbon ceramic brake packages on Porsche, etc are astronomically priced. I'm with tjacoby, I wouldn't be tracking a RS3 either. I'm close to 400 HP in my modded S3 and the S3 brakes are doing a fine job for my daily driving and spirited driving when possible. The black optic package looks really nice on a red RS3 from Google images. I'd definitely go that route. Magnetic ride control is nice but I leave my setting on dynamic all the time. If the RS3 has a firm base suspension, mag ride wouldn't be necessary for me.

Wonder if I should tell the wife that I put myself on a waiting list for the RS3? LOL
Old 02-16-2017, 06:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CoOlSlY
Maybe that will make you place your order than so here's the order guide...

Prices are in CDN...

Base: 62,900$
1,750$ Audi RS fixed suspension (replaces the magnetic suspension), carbon fiber engine cover, 280km/h top speed limiter
850$ Exterior mirror in black, front lip black, window surrounds black, rear lip spoiler black
1,400$ Active lane assist, adaptive cruise, pre-sense front, high-beam assist
5,800$ Ceramic brakes
900$ Carbon fiber inlays
850$ Sport Exhaust system with black tips
400$ Red calliper

A few notes:
- Still manual adjusting front seats but power lumbar
- No heated stearing

And i'm wondering what the "Sport exhaust system with black tips" is... Does it changes the sound or it's just the "already the sport exhaust" but with black tips?

Who's in?
Wow, that is not bad pricing. Where is this from, Audi Toronto?

So that $62,900 is the Technik version, ie already fairly loaded? Or is there even a Progressiv version available?

I would forget the brakes in a heartbeat, and the lane assist stuff, so full price is not bad. Certainly make someone who was considering a fully loaded S3 run some numbers.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RodgerDodger1
Wow, that is not bad pricing. Where is this from, Audi Toronto?

So that $62,900 is the Technik version, ie already fairly loaded? Or is there even a Progressiv version available?

I would forget the brakes in a heartbeat, and the lane assist stuff, so full price is not bad. Certainly make someone who was considering a fully loaded S3 run some numbers.
Are there also prices for upgraded seats and wheels as someone else mentioned?
Old 02-16-2017, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by RodgerDodger1
Are there also prices for upgraded seats and wheels as someone else mentioned?
Unfortunately, I don't have this information yet. The prices I gave have been disclosed to dealer on request from Audi Canada.

I would be number 2 at one dealer and 4 at the other, delivery in july, allocations for march/april. Wondering if i'll miss the 1st delivery if I go the on the #4 list route...
Old 02-16-2017, 07:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So converting 62900 cdn to usd is right around 48k usd. Does this seem really low or is it just me.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ThatBlueS3
So converting 62900 cdn to usd is right around 48k usd. Does this seem really low or is it just me.
I suspect we're paying less because of the weak CDA exchange right now. A fully loaded RS3 without carbon brakes is pretty similar to a fully loaded C43 - maybe do that comparison in USD?

Sport seats are included with the base price, with the electric seats available at $0.

Wheel upgrades are $400.

There is no Progressive option in Canada, just the base with all the Tecknik stuff included for the $62.9. The base included folding power mirrors, don't think the S3 does that this model year.

I'm undecided on the Sport Seats and Fixed Sport Suspension. My dealer says my wife won't hate me for them, but...
Old 02-17-2017, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

yes, that seems pretty low. my S3 with Tech and the B&O was $47,800 MSRP. if i could get, even a stripped RS3, for another $200, i would be camped out in front of my dealer through the summer waiting for my new RS3 to arrive on the truck.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

No it is never a straight conversion like that with vehicles. Looking at a S3 in the US vs Cda, prob only about $5k diff. So extend that out a bit on the higher price point of the RS3..only guessing, but $62,900 Cdn prob becomes $56,000 USD.

Quick Reply: 2018 RS3 Sedan on Cdn/UK Website