Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

A3 Air Conditioning

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a feeling I'll be back. As far as I'm concerned it should blow cold air within 30 seconds of the car being turned on. I never had an issue with any of my Audi's, VW's or even BMW in the past. Luckily I have a 2013 Abarth as my toy car that I can drive around if need be. Doesn't help with my two year old so I would definitely ask for a loaner if the car has to go in for any extended period of time. Kia Soul definitely has no Soul! Must be painful driving that around! Hope you get your issue resolved soon.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Took delivery of my car the Monday after Christmas. 4,900 miles and my compressor went out. Been at the dealership for a week now.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ugh....I'm sorry to those that this happened to and now I feel like I'm waiting for the shoe to drop. I live in Florida and AC is a MUST have all year round. I guess it's a matter of time......Good luck to all.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Audios00
I'm seriously considering trading in my 2015 A3 with 2,000 miles on it for a BMW.....
Now THAT'S a funny statement. I'm sure you'll get much better service from a BMW dealership.

Alright serious help needed... Please read - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Last edited by dseag2; 06-13-2015 at 06:10 PM.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dseag2
Now THAT'S a funny statement. I'm sure you'll get much better service from a BMW dealership.

Alright serious help needed... Please read - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums
I was really torqued when I wrote that after two weeks of jacking around with the dealership at that time. The AC works great now, and I've "cooled" off too!
Old 06-14-2015, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Audios00
I was really torqued when I wrote that after two weeks of jacking around with the dealership at that time. The AC works great now, and I've "cooled" off too!
I'm glad it's working now!
Old 06-15-2015, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

I have a S3. The sun really bakes through the windshield and it feels like my face is in an oven. I find that I am much more comfortable in the summer with upper, dash and floor vents all operating at the same time. You can press all three buttons on the right side of the dual auto HVAC controls. Makes a big difference.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Finally got a hold of my dealership today looking for an update and the service woman claims that the compressor SHOULD be here the middle of the week as its on back order (which I tried to tell them from the get go). At this point i'll just believe it when they call to say its done. Would be nice to just get the car and then take it back once the part comes in. She sounded kind of annoyed to hear from me but the car has been with them since June 5th and its 2 hours out of town at that.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Vermilion
Finally got a hold of my dealership today looking for an update and the service woman claims that the compressor SHOULD be here the middle of the week as its on back order (which I tried to tell them from the get go). At this point i'll just believe it when they call to say its done. Would be nice to just get the car and then take it back once the part comes in. She sounded kind of annoyed to hear from me but the car has been with them since June 5th and its 2 hours out of town at that.
I called for an update on Monday (I took it to them last Monday) and my service adviser told me that they just got a compressor in that they ordered May 29th. So it's looking like they're going to have my car for at least another week. Looks like they're on at least a two week wait for new compressors.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Pretty much the same issue here. Got my S3 in February, have about 6,500KM on it and never really needed the AC till now.

It's come on in the past and been very effective, but when i turned it on last week... nothing... the air was even hotter than outside!

Took it in to the dealer, they told me need a new compressor, part is on back order, won't be here for another week.

Since the car is perfectly functional, I took my car back and I'm going back in to the dealer next week to get my compressor replaced. I'll pop back here and give an update.

First Audi, very disappointed by the AC failing so soon. That being said, everything is still under warranty and the service has been pretty good thus far so all in all I'm not that bad off.

Good luck gents!

Quick Reply: A3 Air Conditioning