Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models
Old 07-29-2016, 10:25 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A3 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

A3/S3 "Easter Eggs" and Omissions

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bradenalexander
I couldn't care less about memory seats as I am the only one driving my car
If you vacuum and clean your car which requires sometimes for you to slide the seat back and recline it. It's so much easier to have a preset set the original seat position back again. Rather than you adjust it all over again. Any time you move your seat, it's much easier to use a preset to get back your original position, than to set it again manually. Its a good thing to have even for a solo driver IMO.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoonie G
If you vacuum and clean your car which requires sometimes for you to slide the seat back and recline it. It's so much easier to have a preset set the original seat position back again. Rather than you adjust it all over again. Any time you move your seat, it's much easier to use a preset to get back your original position, than to set it again manually. Its a good thing to have even for a solo driver IMO.
Never thought of this actually. OK now I want memory seats
Old 11-21-2014, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of very valid observations! Most annoying to me is the lack of memory seats and homelink. I'm basically the only driver but the statement about moving the seats to clean is very true.

Something I find somewhat irritating is the complexity of getting to some simple information on the car. Water/coolant temp and oil temp. Just today found (via the manual) the oil temp is only accessed via the lap timer function. Seriously? Is that the only time we would be curious of the oil temp is if we track the car? I remember my first Audi - '85 Coupe GT Turbo Quattro. It had a nice little cluster in the center console with oil temp and pressure and voltmeter. Really miss that car.

Although I never ever eat in my cars, I do sometimes want a drink. Especially on long trips. The cup holder is simply not the best placed item on the S3. Nothing larger than a medium cup will fit easily and then you still have to angle it under the environmental control panel to fit. Granted there really isn't any other location due to the MMI controller, etc. I will certainly learn to live with it as I truly love this car. Big grin on my face every time I'm in the driver's seat!
Old 11-21-2014, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
A lot of very valid observations! Most annoying to me is the lack of memory seats and homelink. I'm basically the only driver but the statement about moving the seats to clean is very true.

Something I find somewhat irritating is the complexity of getting to some simple information on the car. Water/coolant temp and oil temp. Just today found (via the manual) the oil temp is only accessed via the lap timer function. Seriously? Is that the only time we would be curious of the oil temp is if we track the car? I remember my first Audi - '85 Coupe GT Turbo Quattro. It had a nice little cluster in the center console with oil temp and pressure and voltmeter. Really miss that car.

Although I never ever eat in my cars, I do sometimes want a drink. Especially on long trips. The cup holder is simply not the best placed item on the S3. Nothing larger than a medium cup will fit easily and then you still have to angle it under the environmental control panel to fit. Granted there really isn't any other location due to the MMI controller, etc. I will certainly learn to live with it as I truly love this car. Big grin on my face every time I'm in the driver's seat!
Thanks, I've been wondering where to find oil temp. As far as cup holders, I like them in this car. In my 135, gym size water bottles were in the way of my elbow when I was shifting. My stainless audi "s'well" bottle didn't fit snug so it would shake around as I drove. Having a bottle holder in every door is awesome. And if I ever bring home a To-go kids cup for my son, they fit perfect under the radio for that 10 minute drive. German cars and cup holders aren't normally mixed so I'm happy with what Audi provided here.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by EGainer
This is what I submitted to Audi:

Please tell us what could be done to improve how you feel about this new vehicle . . . .

I have every option available on my S3. These features should have been included or available: Memory seats, Homelink, and rear doors should work with comfort access(there are imprints for the feature, but the manual states only front doors are active). There are times when I downshift more than one gear as I approach a turn, and when I am on the accelerator, the gear is not engaged, and it engages late. This causes a lurch feeling to the vehicle and feels like I dumped the clutch in a manual transmission. Not often, but enough to force me to change my shifting technique. From a standstill, if I step hard on the gas, there is a slight hesitation. Something I have had to adjust my driving style to match. Windshield wipers on mine, and other vehicles like mine are not smooth upon the first few uses. They skip across the windshield making them almost unusable(this goes away after an application of windshield rain repellent. When I exit my driver's door, I hear a squeak from the driver's side rear suspension. I am only 170lbs, and no one else is inside the vehicle. I would not expect my body weight to cause the suspension to creak like this. You only include Apple 30pin connector with the vehicle. I was not questioned about my mobile device until this survey, and would have preferred an android compatible plug, instead of getting the default "ipod connect" option. The manual lists the center console as a phone box, but nothing inside the car or functional seems to be different, and I don't see any boost in signal from my phone being placed inside.

Overall, what do you LIKE most about your new vehicle?

The engine is amazing. Sound and performance are outstanding. The vehicle is quick, nimble, and a perfect replacement for my BMW 135. Interior is well designed with good materials and finish, similar to the other Audi models available. The MMI and navigation system is easy to use and intuitive. The connectivity to my phone is a nice addition compared to previous vehicles. In vehicle wifi is used daily. Four doors allows me to get my son in and out of my vehicle with ease, and allow passengers to ride in comfort. The vehicle is amazing.
I feel like I'm having déjà Vu on the whole experience. Although mine was a replacement for a whole different category of vehicle so my comparative driving experience is a bit different than E's; the awkward start/stops while making slow speed 90-turns turns in city is annoying and the hesitation from standstill is surprising. Wipers were an issue as well but waited it out since I had enough rain consistently that it worked itself out. I'm still incredibly happy with the purchase and getting used to things after a month in.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Oh, this is a great point -- no temperature gauge of any kind (oil or coolant) except in the lap timer. Ridiculous.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Tsle
Oh, this is a great point -- no temperature gauge of any kind (oil or coolant) except in the lap timer. Ridiculous.
I feel the same way. Why can't we have one MMI screen that displays up to 6 gauges based on our preference.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Just discovered that the car menu on MMI does not display oil level. We were all happy that we had dipsticks a few weeks ago. We Audi had to give to us as they didn't include the oil level feature.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skibreeze
No power seat in the cabriolet, pretty sad considering it's a $40K-$50k car.
Agreed. I have a Prestige model on order with a 50K+ sticker price, and there are no power seats. Would love to know the true reason for this omission on the cabrio, since the sedan has them. So excited about this car I can live without the power seats, but it's really surprising nonetheless.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Peter8V758L
Agreed. I have a Prestige model on order with a 50K+ sticker price, and there are no power seats. Would love to know the true reason for this omission on the cabrio, since the sedan has them. So excited about this car I can live without the power seats, but it's really surprising nonetheless.
I too have a Cabriolet on order (actually picking it up tomorrow). I also was a little miffed about it not having homelink or power seats. Although I can't think of any reason to not include homelink, I have an opinion (right or wrong) about the seats. I think it's because since it's a two door, having to move seats via a power button (very slow compared to manual), it allows the seats to be moved quickly for access to the rear seats. Like I said, that's just my opinion. I would very much like to have power seats (with memory too &#128521, especially at that price.

Quick Reply: A3/S3 "Easter Eggs" and Omissions