Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Any Pictures Available of the S3 Interior Options?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoonie G
Yes. I have troubles with blue jeans and die transfer. Every two weeks I need to clean the dye off. I use some stuff from Leather Masters. Take's it right off. They also have some stuff that is supposed to prevent the die from transferring again. That stuff doesn't work, but it does make it easier to come off the next time.

This really sucks because all I have are jeans. Guess I have to find jeans that don't transfer die? Right now, If I remember, I try to put a cloth on the area of the seat were the jeans touch but that looks really tacky having a cloth on the seat cushion.
Wow brutal, Audi warned me about that but didn't care still wanted the seats. I got talked into diamond coating the seats, they said if the stains don't come out then it covered by them. Will see how that turns out.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

I've had in prior Audi's beige and gray seats. My wife's Q5 has pistachio (beige). Real problem with blue jeans.

My S3 has black seats for the first time in 6 Audi's. I am enjoying the black on black interior, which I never thought I would really like.

Everyone likes a change, but the colors are a maintenance headache.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Spoonie G
I got the grey by accident. Love them!!! I'm starting the think that an all black interior lacks contrast
Very true but I have found that the one thing that "all black" offers, it cleans up and looks like new many years down the line. The colors, although striking, just don't hold up over time. My black interior on my 06 with 115K miles will clean up just like day 1.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
I've had in prior Audi's beige and gray seats. My wife's Q5 has pistachio (beige). Real problem with blue jeans.

My S3 has black seats for the first time in 6 Audi's. I am enjoying the black on black interior, which I never thought I would really like.

Everyone likes a change, but the colors are a maintenance headache.
That's just it had black on black for a good number of years looking forward to the change but not the maintenance.