Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Anyone else on the Mermaid Ace?

Old 12-05-2014, 06:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
No information as to what this is?
Cant say i have had the best communication with my dealer but I have not been told this. i was told on monday that the car would make port on the 11th and from there should be at dealer within a few days from the 11th.

Is there a port here in Jacksonville where i live? or where would the car go to? Any chance these get to port faster or is the 11th a set date?
Old 12-05-2014, 07:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
No information as to what this is?
I'll try to get more info. He had to go through the Area Manager to find out why the car hadn't arrived at the dealership if it reached port on November 24th. We're only about an hour away from Davisville.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by drober30
Sales people have assigned partners. You could wait if you want to but defiantly not mandatory.
I am willing to wait, this is our 3rd Audi we bought with him. We consider him part of the family lol.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iamnesty
Longtime lurker but first post!

So I ordered my S3 back in early October (jumped on a pre-existing order). Scheduled delivery was supposed to be this week but my sales guy says that about 1,600 A3/S3s are delayed at the Davisville port due to a new software update.

Anyone else hear about this?
Dealers have a tendency to just make crap up.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Spoonie G
Dealers have a tendency to just make crap up.
I hear ya. I sent him a text to ask about the software update today. Otherwise not sure what other reason there could be for the delay. Guess we'll just wait and see. Patience is not my virtue lol.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:40 PM
jks
AudiWorld Newcomer

Sad news: I just got confirmation from my dealer that the Mermaid Ace was delayed getting to Emden and that all the deliveries are being pushed back. As a result, my ETA has moved from 12/22 to 1/5.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jks
Sad news: I just got confirmation from my dealer that the Mermaid Ace was delayed getting to Emden and that all the deliveries are being pushed back. As a result, my ETA has moved from 12/22 to 1/5.
Looks like your dealer is wrong.. Mermaid Ace is presently in the middle of north atlantic ocean. Scheduled to be at Halifax port on 12/10.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Steallife904
Is there a port here in Jacksonville where i live? or where would the car go to? Any chance these get to port faster or is the 11th a set date?
Sounds like you're on the Felicity Ace. My Q5 arrived in port a day early last time, so there's a little flexibility. Lots of times, the ships are late due to weather in the Atlantic. Your port will be Brunswick, just north of you.

Originally Posted by jks
I got this notice today also.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:48 PM
jks
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by eltook
Looks like your dealer is wrong.. Mermaid Ace is presently in the middle of north atlantic ocean. Scheduled to be at Halifax port on 12/10.
The Mermaid Ace was originally scheduled to be at the Halifax port by 12/06 and the Brunswick port by 12/11. According to the ETA updates I got from the dealer/Audi, my car was loaded on 12/05 and should now reach Brunswick around 12/22. MarineTraffic says the MA left port on 12/02, so it is likely I'm actually on the Perseus Leader. In any case, with the holidays I won't actually get it until the new year.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jks
The Mermaid Ace was originally scheduled to be at the Halifax port by 12/06 and the Brunswick port by 12/11. According to the ETA updates I got from the dealer/Audi, my car was loaded on 12/05 and should now reach Brunswick around 12/22. MarineTraffic says the MA left port on 12/02, so it is likely I'm actually on the Perseus Leader. In any case, with the holidays I won't actually get it until the new year.
Exact same for me. Don't you have any good news for me, aside from the fact that our cars are keeping each other company!?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone else on the Mermaid Ace?