Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Anyone else on the Mermaid Ace?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 08:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright so I got an update from my ABS regarding my S3's being delayed at port since November 24th:

"...Just got off the phone with the area manager... He says the updates are going to be started on Monday and cars will be shipped out starting Tuesday. The update is for engine management software. I'm still not totally clear on what the update corrects, but something to do with how the engine produces and puts out power. In terms of timeline, the car will be here at some point after the 15th but really depends on where in the line it is. Fortunately it is marked sold, and your car was one of the first held. So in theory it should be one of the first released."

Thoughts?
Old 12-09-2014, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by iamnesty
Alright so I got an update from my ABS regarding my S3's being delayed at port since November 24th:

"...Just got off the phone with the area manager... He says the updates are going to be started on Monday and cars will be shipped out starting Tuesday. The update is for engine management software. I'm still not totally clear on what the update corrects, but something to do with how the engine produces and puts out power. In terms of timeline, the car will be here at some point after the 15th but really depends on where in the line it is. Fortunately it is marked sold, and your car was one of the first held. So in theory it should be one of the first released."

Thoughts?
I hate obscure info from dealers and manufacturers. Just tell us what it does so we can decide if it's good or bad.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by iamnesty

Thoughts?
I'm also in MA and ordered also ordered a Prestige Sepang S3. It was supposed to arrive next week but got pushed back another week, apparently due to the storm.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mermaid Ace landed in Halifax this morning.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I can just see all of you doing the happy dance next to your computers.! Hopefully the next phase of the trip goes smoothly and quickly. I bought mine off the lot because I hate waiting and they had the brilliant black right there ready to go. I smile every time I back out of the drive way now and that's usually on the way to work
Old 12-12-2014, 06:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i believe my s3 is on the Felicity Ace. It made the brunswick port on 12/10 and appears to still be there. I have still not recieved email that the car is in US or on way to the dealer. Any idea how long that could take?
Old 12-12-2014, 02:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Steallife904
i believe my s3 is on the Felicity Ace. It made the brunswick port on 12/10 and appears to still be there. I have still not recieved email that the car is in US or on way to the dealer. Any idea how long that could take?
Usually it's 3-4 days to be released from customs or so I've read. Then it's "released to carrier" (the truck or train).
Old 12-12-2014, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Steallife904
My car arrived in port on Saturday and was released to carrier yesterday. It arrived at the dealership in LA today.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Syrome
My car arrived in port on Saturday and was released to carrier yesterday. It arrived at the dealership in LA today.
Lucky!! Congrats!

The ship that is supposed to pick mine up in Emden on the 15th (Firmament Ace) is doing circles off the coast of Vigo Spain... No way in the world it will make it to Emden anywhere near the 15th... Bummer.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hello ! I've been reading your posts as I to have been waiting for my S3. Couple of questions I was told mine was is in transit. Does that mean its on the way to the dealer? On a boat or train or what??? And second how the f$#k do you guys even know what ship its on my dealer barely knew mine was in transit I had to dig it out of them... Thanks

S3
Mythos black
Titanium grey/black seats
Loaded.

Quick Reply: Anyone else on the Mermaid Ace?