Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Anyone else on the Mermaid Ace?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 08:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Indigo4298
I asked my dealer today what the ship's name was and all he could tell me is that it's trying to dock today in Houston. I'm hoping it can get offloaded, through customs and up to St. Louis in a week so I can have it by Christmas.... Fingers crossed.
mine got to US port (brunswich, GA) 12/10 and i still have not heard from the dealer if its even left yet.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Steallife904
mine got to US port (brunswich, GA) 12/10 and i still have not heard from the dealer if its even left yet.
Sounds like you were on the Felicity Ace which arrived around 5pm on Wed. Takes a couple days to get released to the carrier. I would expect that to happen probably today and to your dealer by Wednesday or Thursday...

You could just drive up to Brunswick and do a midnight raid and grab her...

Last edited by Don Keener; 12-15-2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Don Keener
If yours has been at Emden in the last week or so... it is probably on the way to Halifax now and on the Florida Highway (ship 410) or the Asteria Leader (ship 614). Asteria Leader arriveded Emden on the 11th. Florida Highway arrived Emden on the 13th and is still there.

ASTERIA LEADER - Vehicles Carrier: current position and details | IMO 9531741, MMSI 432790000, Callsign 7JIC | Registered in Japan - AIS Marine Traffic

FLORIDA HIGHWAY - Vehicles Carrier: current position and details | IMO 9442861, MMSI 372805000, Callsign 3EPT6 | Registered in Panama - AIS Marine Traffic

I didnt catch the fact that you were in Canada before. Not sure if Owner in Waiting is available there or not.

Sounds like it wont be long till you have your new Audi!
How sweet would that be to get it before Xmas? Probably a long shot . I'll make sure to post on here when it arrives thanks for the info Don .
Old 12-15-2014, 11:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sounds like you were on the Felicity Ace which arrived around 5pm on Wed. Takes a couple days to get released to the carrier. I would expect that to happen probably today and to your dealer by Wednesday or Thursday...

You could just drive up to Brunswick and do a midnight raid and grab her...
yes it was the Felicity Ace. Trust me the though of going up to Brunswick and scooping her up has crossed my mind. , i would imagine it should be at dealer any day now.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by seasonednuts
How sweet would that be to get it before Xmas? Probably a long shot . I'll make sure to post on here when it arrives thanks for the info Don .
Fingers crossed for ya!!

Mine was promised for Thanksgiving... but that didnt happen. Its not going to be here by Christmas either... :>( At least the Firmament Ace is now moving in the right direction now and should arrive in Zeebrugge early tomorrow morning and then on to Emden probably by Friday. Hopefully Ill have it by January 15th.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Fingers crossed for ya!!

Mine was promised for Thanksgiving... but that didnt happen. Its not going to be here by Christmas either... :>( At least the Firmament Ace is now moving in the right direction now and should arrive in Zeebrugge early tomorrow morning and then on to Emden probably by Friday. Hopefully Ill have it by January 15th.

Well if yours was promised at thanksgiving and you still haven't got it yet chances are I'm in the same boat as you ( no pun intended). But I can always hope.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

got email last night that mine is on the way to the dealer. i hope to get it today
Old 12-17-2014, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The boat was supposed to dock Monday. Now it's been sitting waiting for it's turn and Thursday is going to be the new day for unloading. This means no A3 before Christmas. Frustrating.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Indigo4298
The boat was supposed to dock Monday. Now it's been sitting waiting for it's turn and Thursday is going to be the new day for unloading. This means no A3 before Christmas. Frustrating.
Which ship and port?
Old 12-18-2014, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Which ship and port?
Port of Houston but my dealer said he doesn't know the ship name.

Quick Reply: Anyone else on the Mermaid Ace?