Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models
Old 07-29-2016, 09:36 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A3 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Anyone use this Android screen replacement in their A3?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it is amazing to see all of the efforts here trying to replicate something that should have been ordered with the car instead of so many ridiculous 'mods' applied to it that cost more than the options.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OneOfOne
it is amazing to see all of the efforts here trying to replicate something that should have been ordered with the car instead of so many ridiculous 'mods' applied to it that cost more than the options.
Audi NAV isn't capable of what the android system provides.
Old 12-15-2016, 11:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by OneOfOne
Cost significantly cheaper and has significantly more options/flexibility over anything OEM.

Good amount of people that actually like doing mods, and for me it's part of the whole ownership experience. Why wouldn't I want to understand every detail of the vehicle that I purchased?

Last edited by mroberte; 12-15-2016 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JJLA
Can you please put the link of the App that you used?

To faster power on, i used the F29 on the Fuse box. This is the interior light fuse, so when i open the car with the remote it power on. Its almost ready when i turn the car on.
Use this to a cleaner installation:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm thinking to buy a power of delay, so the unit still can run to an 1 hour for ex.

https://www.amazon.com/DROK-External...lay%2B12v&th=1
Are you able to confirm that F29 is working for you. I attempted to use it but when you turn the car off, the device does temporarily power down but then moments later turns back on. you can verify this if you leave the display up. Or by checking the android uptime and returning in a couple hours.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dryale
Are you able to confirm that F29 is working for you. I attempted to use it but when you turn the car off, the device does temporarily power down but then moments later turns back on. you can verify this if you leave the display up. Or by checking the android uptime and returning in a couple hours.
I ended up purchasing a relay that leaves the device on 20 seconds after I turn the car off. So within the 20 seconds if I turn the key on, the android device doesn't need to reboot back up. After the timeout, it kills power. I think I used F29, or maybe F28? I forget, its been awhile. I'll try and take a look tomorrow for you.

However none of the fuses would turn back on when the key was off and the screen was up for me.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

I was just going through the whole thread and didn't realize/see all the rooting stuff you guys figured out! I will have to try this more. Any luck on better microphone gain or BT? I haven't been driving/using my car that frequently so haven't been tinkering all the much lately.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

What is the best way to receive/send texts? I was hoping to be able to access my phone contacts, send/receive messages, and make calls as though it was through the phone.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by d_tartini
What is the best way to receive/send texts? I was hoping to be able to access my phone contacts, send/receive messages, and make calls as though it was through the phone.
Only way is to use hangouts or there is a program that will I think bring your sms over. Forget the name but think it's not a perfect solution. You'll need a data connection for hangouts to work, but I just use the car system.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Does anyone know how to boot into recovery mode? I was fooling around in places I should probably stay out of and got it stuck in a boot loop.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just realized that even if I can boot into recovery I have no way of navigating the menu since there are no physical buttons on the device besides the reset button. I think I'm screwed. I emailed the company to see what they say.

Quick Reply: Anyone use this Android screen replacement in their A3?