Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

APR downpipe for Stage II upgrade; anyone order yet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default APR downpipe for Stage II upgrade; anyone order yet?

I got the APR Stage I ECU tune for my S3 some months ago. Love it and zero regrets. But it gave me a taste for some more. So I would like to go for the Stage II tune but will require the new APR cast downpipe to do that. The actual ECU tune is included in the downpipe price.

I can't seem to find a source to buy the downpipe however. It doesn't seem to be available directly from APR. Which I find odd. I won't install the downpipe myself and am working out the logistics for that but obviously need the downpipe. Anyone here order one yet? If so, where did you acquire it. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-03-2015, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
I got the APR Stage I ECU tune for my S3 some months ago. Love it and zero regrets. But it gave me a taste for some more. So I would like to go for the Stage II tune but will require the new APR cast downpipe to do that. The actual ECU tune is included in the downpipe price.

I can't seem to find a source to buy the downpipe however. It doesn't seem to be available directly from APR. Which I find odd. I won't install the downpipe myself and am working out the logistics for that but obviously need the downpipe. Anyone here order one yet? If so, where did you acquire it. Thanks in advance!
It is only available for FWD A3s, not AWD A3/S3 yet. I had just emailed APR about it a few days ago. Response was:
"I don't have an ETA for you at the moment, unfortunately. However, it appears as if it should be sometime soon.".

When I asked at the end of July, the response was:
"We hope to release a downpipe for the AWD MQB platform later this year. I don't have an exact ETA at this time but we are working on them"
Old 09-03-2015, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thank you daves4. Their official website sure makes it seem like it is available at this time because it reports HP and torque gains for the S3 after the downpipe install and ECU flash. There are downpipes available from other manufacturers but I'm going to stick with APR at this time considering the work that has already been done on my car. if the downpipe doesn't come out in the next 6 weeks or so, I'll put off Stage II upgrades until springtime since Ohio winters are NOT favorable to spirited driving anyway! Thanks again.

Last edited by Fixeroh; 09-03-2015 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

was here
Old 09-04-2015, 03:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you daves4. Their official website sure makes it seem like it is available at this time because it reports HP and torque gains for the S3 after the downpipe install and ECU flash. There are downpipes available from other manufacturers but I'm going to stick with APR at this time considering the work that has already been done on my car. if the downpipe doesn't come out in the next 6 weeks or so, I'll put off Stage II upgrades until springtime since Ohio winters are NOT favorable to spirited driving anyway! Thanks again.
You can install any other downpipe, such as the bull-x or CTS downpipe and then use APR's stage 2 tune.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Antarius
You can install any other downpipe, such as the bull-x or CTS downpipe and then use APR's stage 2 tune.
Thanks Antarius. I actually sort of assumed that but the APR stage 2 tune is included in the price of the APR downpipe. Not sure of the cost of the tune if getting a competitor's downpipe. Will try to find out however.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

check out Unitronic

APR is not comming out with an exhauist for the s3. No profit margins/ they just dont care about us. They care ONLY about money now.

Get that Unitronic pipe.

Get your 397hp here: Performance software for Audi S3 2.0 TSI EA888 Gen 3 MQB by Unitronic

Last edited by markN1689; 09-07-2015 at 07:05 AM.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

markN1689; I checked out the link. Looks interesting. Will keep it in mind. Have decided to wait until spring before upping to Stage 2. Perhaps APR will be onboard with a downpipe by then. Unitronic products are quite capable I'm sure.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

markN1689; I checked out the link. Looks interesting. Will keep it in mind. Have decided to wait until spring before upping to Stage 2. Perhaps APR will be onboard with a downpipe by then. Unitronic products are quite capable I'm sure.
Personally I'm leaning towards the billy boat downpipe. It's cheap, especially with the carted version, it works, but first I want to check with my tuning dealer to make sure the APR stage 2 tune is going to allow me to pass a readiness test since my state requires emissions testing, so I'll probably have to wait for a few GTI guinea pigs to test it out first.