Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Audi Pre Sense fault warning

Old 01-29-2015, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Pre Sense fault warning

Turned the S3 on the other day and got an error message about a fault with the Audi Pre Sense Basic. Referred to the manual and it just gives bs about a possible sensor failure and to take it in for servicing. Called the dealership and the person on the phone wasn't all too helpful with anything other than scheduleing an appointment.

It went away a few starts later, but came back today.

Anyone experienced this error? I have P+, so no Advanced Tech just the basic Pre Sense.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Syrome
Turned the S3 on the other day and got an error message about a fault with the Audi Pre Sense Basic. Referred to the manual and it just gives bs about a possible sensor failure and to take it in for servicing. Called the dealership and the person on the phone wasn't all too helpful with anything other than scheduleing an appointment.

Anyone experienced this error? I have P+, so no Advanced Tech just the basic Pre Sense.
Do you live in a snowy icy climate, could be an obstructed sensor? Otherwise, its probably a failed sensor.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by drober30
Do you live in a snowy icy climate, could be an obstructed sensor? Otherwise, its probably a failed sensor.
LA

Edit: Had XPEL and a full detail done in the last week so maybe something got obstructed or knocked around. Any idea where the sensor is on the exterior? There is an error message listed in the manual for an obstructed sensor...

Last edited by Syrome; 01-29-2015 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

LA

Edit: Had XPEL and a full detail done in the last week so maybe something got obstructed or knocked around. Any idea where the sensor is on the exterior? There is an error message listed in the manual for an obstructed sensor...
Lots of Xpel installs and I have been researching it very throughly because when my car comes in I'm getting Xpel installed and I have not heard anyone Audi or otherwise say they had an issue with covering sensors.

I would have the dealer check it out.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I had a caller today with a 2016 S3 with the Audi Pre Sense System Fault warning coming up on the dash after the ignition was turned on.

The car was involved in a minor crash, right front seat belt was replaced. Had a B1305 - Right front seat belt tensioner control module: Not configured fault code in the airbag system, but no airbag light on in dash.

Performed the Seat Belt Tensioner Control Module Reset with VCDS, code cleared out, warning message on dash didn't return.

AirbagVW20 - Ross-Tech Wiki
Old 03-10-2017, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Even I am facing the same issue for my S3 . S3 2017 model. It's jus two months old.