Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Audi RS-3 sedan coming to U.S.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 05:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Antarius
No car enthusiast is going to mistake an S3 with an RS3 unless it's debadged and intentionally made to look like the other (front and rear bumpers/grill/custom exhaust AND debadged or intentionally misbadged.. Plus a 5 cylinder doesn't sound the same as a 4 cyl engine...

I mean I've never driven a mustang (except once as a convertible rental), but I can tell the difference between a base model, a GT, and a Cobra (along with maybe if it's a shelby or roush.)

That giant front air splitter, and the giant air vents in the front, along with the oval exhaust in the back... and a completely different engine... make the RS3 a bigger difference from the S3 than the A3 s-line prestige is different from the S3... and plenty of people can tell the difference between those 2 cars.

I've been thinking of debadging my S3 and sticking on an A3 badge so people will think it's an a 1.8t fwd! LOL

Damn might have to trade her in for an RS3!
Old 04-11-2015, 05:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Antarius
No car enthusiast is going to mistake an S3 with an RS3 unless it's debadged and intentionally made to look like the other (front and rear bumpers/grill/custom exhaust AND debadged or intentionally misbadged.. Plus a 5 cylinder doesn't sound the same as a 4 cyl engine...

I mean I've never driven a mustang (except once as a convertible rental), but I can tell the difference between a base model, a GT, and a Cobra (along with maybe if it's a shelby or roush.)

That giant front air splitter, and the giant air vents in the front, along with the oval exhaust in the back... and a completely different engine... make the RS3 a bigger difference from the S3 than the A3 s-line prestige is different from the S3... and plenty of people can tell the difference between those 2 cars.

I've been thinking of debadging my S3 and sticking on an A3 badge so people will think it's a 1.8t fwd! LOL

Damn might have to trade her in for an RS3!
Old 04-14-2015, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stash64
And what's wrong with a Golf ? I sure wouldn't mind having a GTI or Golf R as a second "just for fun" car.
As a second car for fun? Sure. I just don't like the boxyness of the GTI/GOLF R. They look like boxes on wheels.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I could pick my 2nd car it would be this Future Concept car based on the KIA Forte, called NOVO

Old 04-17-2015, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kia still has Audi's previous head designer don't they? Its pretty appealing design! I'm actually really disappointed in audi's future design.
Old 04-18-2015, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default RS3 sightings in Audi Forum Ingolstadt & Neckarsulm

I just returned from a spring break trip to Germany last night and had a chance to visit both Audi Forum Ingolstadt and Neckarsulm.

There were quite a number of RS3's on the parking lots. When I was pulling in to park in my Audi A4 TDI wagon, a RS3 pull out and the exhaust note was intoxicating!

During factory production tour, there was a Nardo Grey RS3 on the production line along other variants of A3 hatchbacks including a good number of e-trons, very cool.

Black RS3 below was in Ingolstadt and Nardo Grey RS3 was in Neckarsulm (this one has orange interior stitching).

RS6 wagon was overrepresented on the street and around and in Audi Forum (there were just so many of them), too bad that we don't get RS6 in the US. I only saw two RS5, one RS7, and two RS4 wagon during our week long trip in Germany (and yes, this includes in and around Audi Forum).
Attached Images      
Old 06-11-2015, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any updates on RS3 timing to the US??