Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Best phone mount hands down- The CarL mount just arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Best phone mount hands down- The CarL mount just arrived!

[cool]
Packaging: 10/10
Quality: 10/10
Functionality: 10/10
Price: 10/10

Flawless. This mount was put conceived by our very own AW member CarL. Super happy with it. So subtle. Its a pretty rad MOD.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got mine as well today -- would also highly recommend it!

Pulling out the vents for the first time was a little harder than it looks in the installation video (I think he had removed/installed it back multiple times in testing his device) but total installation took about five minutes. I can tell the vents stick out a little more, but I'm sure I'll quickly get used to it and others won't notice the difference.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

yeah- the vents are in there really snug. even with the mount installed its still very snug.

really happy with this simple mod. the design is so simple. i'm surprised it took this long for someone to figure it out.

props to CarL
Old 05-21-2016, 04:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks guys! Not easy developing a product for market. I appreciate your support. I'm glad you guys could experience how convenient having your phone in the right location is.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Another satisfied customer here in NY - mine arrived yesterday in the mail. A few comments on the install. The vents came out easy enough for me with even pressure just by hand, once they move a bit the rest is a piece of cake. When installing the vents to the rings on the holder just keep things 'even' and they slide on easy enough. 5 minutes for me start to finish and I could not be happier with the product. I have the metal plates inside my case at the moment. I used both as they both fit, that way most of the back of the phone is covered with the plates.

Excuse the flash in the first photo but I was indoors when taking these shots....

iPhone 6S in a case mounted.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:35 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Guys, I'm all for making cool products, but you're toeing a fine line with selling them in the forums. We're working on a grassroots way for small product runs, but till that happens, please respect the rules and sell in the classifieds ONLY, and at that, keep it to a minimum.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kris Hansen
Guys, I'm all for making cool products, but you're toeing a fine line with selling them in the forums. We're working on a grassroots way for small product runs, but till that happens, please respect the rules and sell in the classifieds ONLY, and at that, keep it to a minimum.
how?! lol i didn't even post a link... smh

its called a review. its like saying "hey i love my new audi s3 i just bought" and getting yelled at because the guy you bought the car from isn't an advertiser.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:25 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

2 things. We know the story with this situation, it's wholly different than your scenario.

And, arguing with me isn't going to make the situation better. If anything, it will make it worse. I've cut CarL some slack, but that can change.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Guy please... I gave my word that I won't spam my product. I appreciate all you are doing for me but as an Enthusiast I don't want to get kicked out.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CarL.
Guy please... I gave my word that I won't spam my product. I appreciate all you are doing for me but as an Enthusiast I don't want to get kicked out.
CarL. has been true to his word once the rules were pointed out to him.

Quick Reply: Best phone mount hands down- The CarL mount just arrived!