Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Carista

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would be nice if the A3 e-tron is supported. Specifically show current power output in kW, current consumption level in kWh/100km or mi/kWh, and battery level is kWh.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:00 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tybon Wu
Would be nice if the A3 e-tron is supported. Specifically show current power output in kW, current consumption level in kWh/100km or mi/kWh, and battery level is kWh.

Well, the e-tron is already supported for customizations, diagnostics, and service tools. But the Carista app doesn't generally display any real-time info or gauges, so those would have to be left to other apps.
Old 12-22-2016, 01:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

This is awesome, I think I'm in. However, could we have a clear idea of how much it costs for full functionality, beyond code-reading? In other words: if we have to do an in-app purchase in order to actually effect some changes on the list you provided, what is that amount? Is it a flat fee, or charged on a "per modification" basis?

Lastly, my wife has a Prius V...if I wanted to code her car using your hardware and app, would I need an entirely unique in-app purchase to do that one as well?
Old 12-22-2016, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by justinmj
This is awesome, I think I'm in. However, could we have a clear idea of how much it costs for full functionality, beyond code-reading? In other words: if we have to do an in-app purchase in order to actually effect some changes on the list you provided, what is that amount? Is it a flat fee, or charged on a "per modification" basis?

Lastly, my wife has a Prius V...if I wanted to code her car using your hardware and app, would I need an entirely unique in-app purchase to do that one as well?
It's all on the website: Carista ? OBD2 vehicle diagnostics, customizations, coding & tools

Basically, to do any customization you need a subscription to "Pro", which you can buy or $10 for a week or $40 for a year. Or you can buy the bluetooth OBD2 adapter on Amazon for $30 (normally $40) and get Pro for one month, which is what I did.

You can use the same hardware and app for any car that is supported by Carista, and you can use the Supported Vehicles section on the website to see what is supported for each car. Very flexible.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by link1305
It's all on the website: Carista ? OBD2 vehicle diagnostics, customizations, coding & tools

Basically, to do any customization you need a subscription to "Pro", which you can buy or $10 for a week or $40 for a year. Or you can buy the bluetooth OBD2 adapter on Amazon for $30 (normally $40) and get Pro for one month, which is what I did.

You can use the same hardware and app for any car that is supported by Carista, and you can use the Supported Vehicles section on the website to see what is supported for each car. Very flexible.
Thank you. Looks good. I suppose I was just confused because it had seemed there was in-app purchases beyond the $40 annual "pro" fee. Looks like this is a no-brainer though, because there seems to be some very valuable features I can change on my wife's car, just as much as on my new S3. Cheers!
Old 12-22-2016, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Carista

Well, the e-tron is already supported for customizations, diagnostics, and service tools. But the Carista app doesn't generally display any real-time info or gauges, so those would have to be left to other apps.
Ok cool... I just ordered the adapter from Amazon.ca The customization settings alone are worth the purchase
Old 12-22-2016, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just saw from the other thread that you can make the turn signal and DRL blink out of phase. Would be great if this is supported in Carista too
Old 12-23-2016, 02:51 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, the yearly subscription at $39.99 USD per year gives you full unlimited access to all features in the app, on an unlimited number of cars and unlimited number of phones or tablets of the same platform (Android or iOS).

About the DRL/turn signal "wink" - that's usually the stock behavior with xenon lights, but we should be able to figure out how to enable it on cars that don't have it stock (or to disable it on cars that do).
Old 12-23-2016, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

About the DRL/turn signal "wink" - that's usually the stock behavior with xenon lights, but we should be able to figure out how to enable it on cars that don't have it stock (or to disable it on cars that do).
I have the full LED and would like to have the turn signal alternate between white and amber instead of flashing amber. That would be awesome!
Old 12-27-2016, 08:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yup, that's right, Carista now supports the A3/S3 8V!

We've got the following customizations for it in Carista v3.2 and more coming in v3.3!

Doors / Windows / Remote:

Allow configuring beep when locking/unlocking
YES / NO

Menu for configuring beep when locking/unlocking
ENABLED / DISABLED

Beep when unlocking with remote
YES / NO

Beep when locking with remote
YES / NO

Open windows via long-press on remote (step 1 of 2)
ENABLED / DISABLED

Open windows via long-press on remote (step 2 of 2)
ENABLED / DISABLED

Close windows via long-press on remote (step 1 of 2)
ENABLED / DISABLED

Close windows via long-press on remote (step 2 of 2)
ENABLED / DISABLED

Allow configuring open/close windows with remote via MMI
DISABLED / VIEW-ONLY / ADJUSTABLE

Instruments / Display / Dings:

Gauge needle sweep at startup
YES / NO

Seat belt warning
ENABLED / DISABLED

Ding when key is left in ignition
OFF / DRIVER'S DOOR / ALL DOORS

Oil temperature display
ENABLED / DISABLED

Allow enabling oil temperature display via MMI
ENABLED / DISABLED

Lane-change turn signal auto-flasher count
2 FLASHES / 3 FLASHES / 4 FLASHES / 5 FLASHES

Lights:

Allow configuring daytime running lights via dash display
YES / NO

Daytime running lights on only when switch is set to AUTO
YES / NO

Parking light activates daytime running lights (DRL)
YES / NO

Daytime running lights (DRL) activate parking light
YES / NO

Turn off daytime running lights when parking brake is on
YES / NO

Auto headlights activation threshold
LOW / NORMAL / HIGH

Coming-home lights use…
LOW BEAMS / FOG LIGHTS

(updated list available here: Audi/A3 S3 (Mk3: 2013 ) 2015 - Carista OBD2)

The upcoming ones in v3.3 of Carista include auto-folding the side-view mirrors, tilting the passenger-side mirror when in reverse, disabling the auto start/stop system, displaying "refuel quantity" and a few others. Stay tuned for this update before the end of 2016!

And finally, we currently have a holiday promo on Amazon: 25% off the adapter, plus a 1-month free trial of the Pro functionality in the app:
Hi,

I've got Carista v3.3 on iPhone, and your hardware adapter, and I get many fewer of these customization options on my 2017 S3 than what you have listed here. For example, I have no option to select the sunroof action on long press of lock or unlock. Nor any daytime running light options. Nor any item regarding Lane-Change flasher count. And other missing items. Any ideas?

Quick Reply: Carista