Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Carista

Old 01-06-2017, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My only issue is that some of the items shown in the coding aren't available to my S3 or my wife's A3 (both 2017 models). The only thing I've switched so far is the passenger mirror dip in reverse, which for me was worth the price. Tech support has been responsive, and they've indicated they are working on figuring out why the 2017 models aren't seeing the full set of options.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carman63
My only issue is that some of the items shown in the coding aren't available to my S3 or my wife's A3 (both 2017 models). The only thing I've switched so far is the passenger mirror dip in reverse, which for me was worth the price. Tech support has been responsive, and they've indicated they are working on figuring out why the 2017 models aren't seeing the full set of options.
On the passenger mirror at least on the 15 as long as the selector is pointed to the right mirror rather than lock or left, the mirror does dip from the factors when reversing. I only originally found that by accident. While it works, it is far from intuitive.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BobMar46
On the passenger mirror at least on the 15 as long as the selector is pointed to the right mirror rather than lock or left, the mirror does dip from the factors when reversing. I only originally found that by accident. While it works, it is far from intuitive.
It does if you have power folding mirrors, and you have to have the Prestige package to get power folding mirrors - at least for the 2017 models. So the next best thing for me with my P+ is Carista

Thanks for the response!
-Jim
Old 01-18-2017, 12:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Will more functionality be added to the list?

Also is this a better option or a knock-off vag-come cable for $15 and the lite software version from Ross Tech ?
Old 01-19-2017, 07:25 AM
Former Vendor

Yes, more functionality will be added and we actually have a lot of it in testing right now. Whoever is interested in joining our beta, pls email support@caristaapp.com and specify whether you're on Android or iOS, and if it's Android, also specify what Google account you use in Google Play Store. Thanks.

About whether this is better option than a knock-off vagcom cable, well, they're completely different. Carista offers a very different interface compared to vagcom, plus Carista is legal, whereas the $15 cable you'd get is illegal.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Can it disable parking sensors?

I have an aftermarket grill and the sensors go off randomly when in reverse and it drives me crazy. Will the Carista work on this?
Old 01-21-2017, 08:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Carista
Yes, more functionality will be added and we actually have a lot of it in testing right now. Whoever is interested in joining our beta, pls email support@caristaapp.com and specify whether you're on Android or iOS, and if it's Android, also specify what Google account you use in Google Play Store. Thanks.

About whether this is better option than a knock-off vagcom cable, well, they're completely different. Carista offers a very different interface compared to vagcom, plus Carista is legal, whereas the $15 cable you'd get is illegal.
I tried a cheaper 3rd party adaptor and it didn't work properly with Carista App, now returned that and ordered the Carista one, hope it works well
Old 01-22-2017, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by carman63
It does if you have power folding mirrors, and you have to have the Prestige package to get power folding mirrors - at least for the 2017 models. So the next best thing for me with my P+ is Carista

Thanks for the response!
-Jim
Mine is a 15 Prestige model, but I only found the functionality by accident. It was not covered in the manual. It had to be set to lower position while car was in reverse and then reset to normal when the car was in drive. As long as it was kept with pointer toward right mirror it remembered the action. Memory is lost through if any one resets either of the outside mirrors.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:34 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Vancity88
I tried a cheaper 3rd party adaptor and it didn't work properly with Carista App, now returned that and ordered the Carista one, hope it works well
There are many crappy ones out there that say they are ELM327, but they actually don't support that standard. So yeah, we recommend the official Carista adapter if you want a guaranteed smooth experience
Old 01-23-2017, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by m3brad
I have an aftermarket grill and the sensors go off randomly when in reverse and it drives me crazy. Will the Carista work on this?
The same thing happens with the factory grill. The front sensors go off if there is something close even when the car is in reverse. It drove me crazy when I first got the car thinking there was something behind that was setting the audible sensor off.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Carista