Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Clear Bra and/or Paint Sealant Protection Worth It?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got so many scratches on the clear coat on the hood that I go insane everytime I look at it.

Not sure how they got there.

I'm wishing I got that Xzilon paint protection Audi was offering.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gamegenie
I got so many scratches on the clear coat on the hood that I go insane everytime I look at it.

Not sure how they got there.

I'm wishing I got that Xzilon paint protection Audi was offering.
They can all be removed and then a protection applied. I would want protection before any rock chips or the bumper gets peppered.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just got my car detailed and the guy commented on how well the XPEL was applied. He said he's seen films apllied that look much worse and even have bubbles in some of the sharper edged spots. Can't imagine paying so much for that. I'd say around $1600-$1700 would get you the full front. I also think precut pieces are the way to go, just my opinion but I'd rather not have them take the entirety of the front bumper apart.

Honestly I used yelp and XPELs website to find an authorized retailer. Worked out well for that and my detail. Very pleased.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by drober30
Your car looks great! Are these pictures with the Xpel on the car? Did your installer use precut piece?

Can you take some pictures up close of you fenders and any seams that were not wrapped? I'm trying to get an idea of what I kind of job can be done by an excellent installer.
Thanks! Yes those photos have the Xpel applied to the car. I did decide to go the pre-cut route.

Ill try to take some photos in the next few days
Old 01-27-2015, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by deadboltpoison
Thanks! Yes those photos have the Xpel applied to the car. I did decide to go the pre-cut route.

Ill try to take some photos in the next few days
Much appreciated! I can't believe how invisible this stuff is when done right!

Your other pictures are pretty high res and I zoomed in and "think" I can see where the lines/seams are, which are perfectly near the edge if I'm seeing it right. Looks like an amazing install.

Last edited by drober30; 01-27-2015 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drober30
If you don't find an installer your confident in, try talking with these guys. They said they have people come in from Ohio to get work done. Protection film for cars is all they specialize in.

Id does not matter that you have 5000 miles on it, hopefully you have not suffered any pain chips. The sooner you protect it the better.

Clear Auto Bra Michigan, Paint Protection Plus, Xpel and 3M Paint Protection Film, Clear Bra, LARRY MILLEN, headlight protection, Metro Detroit, Plymouth Mi,
Thank you drober30! If I'm not comfortable giving my money to a firm in the near vicinity, I'll check out the place in Plymouth, MI. Did find a promising place in Columbus. Need to do there and check things out first of course. I did put a very coat of wax on the car immediately after I brought it home and as far as I can tell, there aren't any chips or marks but I think a clearbra is a good investment to keep the car that much nicer through the years. Thanks again.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I've done the clear bra on many of my cars and it works well. It does start to degrade after a few years from a looks perspective but it keeps on protecting. I will remove mine after 4 years. The paint looks great underneath.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by OOOO S3
Keep in mind I'm located in Canada so pricing will obviously vary.

My install was $1800. I ended up going with 3M, Xpel would have cost an extra 10%. Cquartz was $750.

They did use plotter cut pieces, as mentioned before by another member, they tuck the wrap where they can. I advised to find an installer that will tuck because most cars that get wrapped directly at the dealer do not tuck.

Cquartz was applied to the whole car, even the panels with PPF, rims, windows, etc.

After 4 months of ownership, my B/C pillars look brand new. Best thing I could have done.

Hey I'm in Toronto too.. who did you use if you don't mind me asking?

I'm looking to get similar work done.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ndkkdn
Hey I'm in Toronto too.. who did you use if you don't mind me asking?

I'm looking to get similar work done.
My installer is actually in Mississauga.

The detailer that applied the Cquartz is GTAinDetail.com
Ask for Kevin.

The clearbra was from Advanced Mobile Group - Paint Protection Film - serving Toronto, Woodbridge – Mississauga – GTA - Southern Ontario
Ask for Marco.

Both great guys, they work together and the work gets done all in the same place.

If you check them out, let them know Anthony sent you, the blue S3.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Cost?

Can one of you who has done this tell us what you paid? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Clear Bra and/or Paint Sealant Protection Worth It?