Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Clever Invention "Drop Stop" Seat Gap Filler

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Clever Invention "Drop Stop" Seat Gap Filler

I just stumbled across this item on Amazon, though it's apparently been a winner on the TV show Shark Tank for whatever that's worth. It looked like a good idea so I ordered a set for $19.99 with free shipping.

They're called "Drop Stop" and they fit between the front seats and the console, preventing small items from falling in. They're made of black neoprene so they blend right in with the dark crevice they're covering, and they're stuffed with polyester fill so they fit quite snugly, at least on my A3.

I don't know how many times I've dropped my e-cig, pen, or other small object into that narrow crevice, but I can tell you it's literally a pain to squeeze your finger tips down in there and try to use them as tweezers to retrieve something long and narrow like an e-cig or pencil/pen. Try to do it while driving and you could be dangerously distracted.

I installed them easily in a matter of minutes, after getting them just the way I wanted. They're flexible and have a fair amount of adjustability in terms of shape and positioning. The product package shows them installed flush with the edge of the seat, but I prefer them recessed about 3/4" so they disappear into the shadows. They move with the seats because they have a slot for the seat belt receptacle, and they seem to grip the cloth inside edge of the leather seat, while sliding against the console when you adjust the seat. What a brilliant, yet simple idea.

Here are a few pics, but you have to look closely to see them! Also, here's a link to the product page on Amazon should any of you decide to bite:
Amazon.com: Drop Stop - The Original Patented Car Seat Gap Filler - Set of 2 (AS SEEN ON SHARK TANK): Automotive Amazon.com: Drop Stop - The Original Patented Car Seat Gap Filler - Set of 2 (AS SEEN ON SHARK TANK): Automotive

Passenger's Seat

Driver's Seat close-up #1

Driver's seat close-up #2

Practically invisible! -- unfortunately my chic, socks and sandals look isn't. lol! Don't worry I didn't go anywhere dressed this way, just wore it during installation.

Last edited by Peter8V758L; 10-07-2015 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

hmm not bad. might keep dust, dirt, and hair from getting down there. i'll check em out for 20$
thanks!
Old 10-07-2015, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

My '13 Lexus GS had them already installed. I was wishing my S5 had them last weekend when my bank card dropped between the seats at the ATM. They are worth the investment.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I ordered mine today.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ordered mine 1 minute ago after seeing your car featured in a review
Old 10-10-2015, 02:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
My '13 Lexus GS had them already installed. I was wishing my S5 had them last weekend when my bank card dropped between the seats at the ATM. They are worth the investment.
Proving once again the Japanese are ahead of the curve in the auto-industry on tech.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gamegenie
Proving once again the Japanese are ahead of the curve in the auto-industry on tech.
clearly you havent been in japanese cars recently. as a prior owner of acura, lexus, and infiniti cars I can say that when it comes to navigation screens audi is light years ahead of all of them. in fact its disappointing that acura which had a chance to be where audi is right now has regressed to irrelevance unless you want a mommy mobile mdx.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have them installed and loving them. They really look great since I have the black interior already. More are on the way for my prius and tundra.

Again great find and thanks for sharing.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just got mine after seeing this thread. The very next day it saved my credit card from falling into the great abyss between the center console and driver seat.
Old 10-18-2015, 01:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

great idea. Found some on ebay for about $6