Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Ebay Center Console Organizer

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 11:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by daves4
Sunglass holder not in black... bummer...
Found this on Amazon... prob would work.
Amazon.com: DORMAN 924-077 Black Sunglass Holder: Automotive Amazon.com: DORMAN 924-077 Black Sunglass Holder: Automotive
Old 08-18-2015, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mroberte
Found this on Amazon... prob would work. Amazon.com: DORMAN 924-077 Black Sunglass Holder: Automotive
Thanks for the search!
Old 08-18-2015, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mroberte
Can you put the organizer in backwards... so the coin slot is in the rear?
Doesnt seem to go that way. But I can get the MMI to USB cable and use that I guess. Gave mine away a year ago. sigh...
Old 08-24-2015, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by daves4
Doesnt seem to go that way. But I can get the MMI to USB cable and use that I guess. Gave mine away a year ago. sigh...
Got mine the other day and now see that it only goes in one way unfortunately and completely covers the ports. I'll drill a hole to accommodate the jack, and hopefully that resolves the issue. Overall this thing doesn't really provide additional room, just divides space smarter...
Old 08-24-2015, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

I received mine and it does cover the ports. But, I only used the USB port and just for charging my phone so I plugged into the 12 volt power supply (formerly known as cigarette lighter.)

Tray looks neat, literally and figuratively!
Old 08-30-2015, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Got the sunglasses holder in and cut a hole in the organizer so I could fit my 3.5mm jack.

Sunglasses holder, I had to disassemble the handle inserts and port over to the glasses holder to work as you'd need to completely remove the headliner, which I wasn't willing to do.

Cut area where the center console ports are.

Sunglass holder installed

Used stock mounting brackets to secure to roof install points.

Last edited by mroberte; 09-01-2015 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, for me this compartment insert was a complete waste of $27. The insert blocks the USB jack, and if you plug in the MMI connector, the insert doesn't sit flush with the compartment anymore. Unfortunately, that can happen with counterfeit aftermarket accessories--poor design! I have requested a refund through eBay, and will report back what the outcome is.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Peter8V758L
Well, for me this compartment insert was a complete waste of $27. The insert blocks the USB jack, and if you plug in the MMI connector, the insert doesn't sit flush with the compartment anymore. Unfortunately, that can happen with counterfeit aftermarket accessories--poor design! I have requested a refund through eBay, and will report back what the outcome is.
I didn't have those issues with mine. Other folks that had your issue just cut holes and it was all good. Sorry this happened to you.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by T1no33
I didn't have those issues with mine. Other folks that had your issue just cut holes and it was all good. Sorry this happened to you.
No apologies necessary! I should have read the listing more carefully and I would have realized it was from China and a knock-off. I asked to return it for a refund, and rather than incur return postage the seller just said to keep it, and I got my money back so no harm done.

Since I didn't have to send it back, I've experimented with cutting out holes for the connectors like you suggested, using my Dremel tool. I managed to make a cutout for the USB, but it's still awkward to insert or remove the connector, and you must remove it to lift the tray out and access the area below. Not very practical.

When I have more time I'll play around with it some more. I think I might be able to solve the problem by cutting out more of the tray below the USB port so the connector doesn't have to be unplugged to lift up the tray (thankfully it's a short, right-angle USB connector). Hopefully that won't leave too big a gap/opening in the bottom of the tray. I don't use the MMI connector so that's one less problem I need to solve.

Will take some pics once I get it all sorted out, assuming it comes out well enough. LOL!
Old 09-24-2015, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Peter8V758L
No apologies necessary! I should have read the listing more carefully and I would have realized it was from China and a knock-off. I asked to return it for a refund, and rather than incur return postage the seller just said to keep it, and I got my money back so no harm done.

Since I didn't have to send it back, I've experimented with cutting out holes for the connectors like you suggested, using my Dremel tool. I managed to make a cutout for the USB, but it's still awkward to insert or remove the connector, and you must remove it to lift the tray out and access the area below. Not very practical.

When I have more time I'll play around with it some more. I think I might be able to solve the problem by cutting out more of the tray below the USB port so the connector doesn't have to be unplugged to lift up the tray (thankfully it's a short, right-angle USB connector). Hopefully that won't leave too big a gap/opening in the bottom of the tray. I don't use the MMI connector so that's one less problem I need to solve.

Will take some pics once I get it all sorted out, assuming it comes out well enough. LOL!
Hey, a semi happy ending!!

Quick Reply: Ebay Center Console Organizer