Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

:: ECS Tuning :: 8V A3/S3 APR Carbon Fiber Intake System

Old 01-22-2015, 09:53 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default :: ECS Tuning :: 8V A3/S3 APR Carbon Fiber Intake System

Gains of 17hp and 14 lb-ft of torque over factory – better throttle response – a more aggressive engine and turbocharger sound – better fuel economy; APR has developed a stunning new 2x2 weave carbon fiber air intake system for the latest generation S3, incorporating the factory cold-air routing for a truly effective, dyno-proven engine upgrade.

The unit arrives pre-assembled by APR, requiring simple hand tools for installation - the design of the intake eliminates the need for unsightly couplers and hose clamps, connecting to the factory turbo inlet pipe using the OEM hardware.

Another APR Success

Click HERE to order or for more information

Fits: Audi
8V S3 (2015+)
8V A3 (2015+)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jason
Old 02-17-2015, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone installed this intake? Can anyone chime in as how and what you see in any performance upgrade?

Please keep us posted
Old 02-17-2015, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Some others have mentioned it already and believe (but not sure) that someone purchased this intake to date. I'm always a bit skeptical about performance increase quotes with intakes. No question the sound would change. Looks sharp as hell but for $450, it better! Might be a spring/summer mod for me.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:50 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by salvadorik
Anyone installed this intake? Can anyone chime in as how and what you see in any performance upgrade?

Please keep us posted
Lots of people have been running APR intakes and the numbers don't lie. Although don't expect 50 wheel horse power and neck breaking torque from an intake.

Jason
Old 02-18-2015, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Is this oiled filter or dry filter?

Is there any deal for forum members?
Old 02-19-2015, 06:00 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by YuiS3
Is this oiled filter or dry filter?

Is there any deal for forum members?
I believe it is a dry filter.

We actually do not offer any specific discounts as we try to price our products as competitive as possible so everyone can take advantage of the same savings.

Never hurts to ask though!

Jason
Old 02-19-2015, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning-Audi
I believe it is a dry filter.

We actually do not offer any specific discounts as we try to price our products as competitive as possible so everyone can take advantage of the same savings.

Never hurts to ask though!

Jason
It looks really good. Even if Gains of 17hp and 14 lb-ft hold true I would spend that much money. I came from a very tune unfriendly Lexus IS350. It was an awesome car but I only dreamed about such gains. For $500 F Sport intake it did not change anything, not even throttle response.

As soon as I am done with brake in period i.e. 1000 miles I will start adding mods one by one. Perhaps this intake is my number one upgrade. After that APR tune is on my list assuming they will release their tune by then. I am not gonna drop the car though but I will add rear sway bar and maybe ECS spacers. Tint, clear bra are given mods for sure.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:42 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by salvadorik
It looks really good. Even if Gains of 17hp and 14 lb-ft hold true I would spend that much money. I came from a very tune unfriendly Lexus IS350. It was an awesome car but I only dreamed about such gains. For $500 F Sport intake it did not change anything, not even throttle response.

As soon as I am done with brake in period i.e. 1000 miles I will start adding mods one by one. Perhaps this intake is my number one upgrade. After that APR tune is on my list assuming they will release their tune by then. I am not gonna drop the car though but I will add rear sway bar and maybe ECS spacers. Tint, clear bra are given mods for sure.
The motor in this car reacts surprisingly well to this intake mod. The tune + this intake has some impressive gains. Best I've seen in a while from one platform.

Jason
Old 02-20-2015, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Key for me: Does it void the warranty?
Old 02-20-2015, 07:38 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by mikele
Key for me: Does it void the warranty?
Not that I am aware of. But then again that's probably at the discretion of the dealership.

Jason

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: :: ECS Tuning :: 8V A3/S3 APR Carbon Fiber Intake System