Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

:: ECS Tuning :: NEW!! 8V S3 ECS Wheel Spacer Flush Fit Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is a bit pricey but after doing some searching, quite a few Audiphiles use spacers. These look to be quality products. Just ordered a set now along with a better wheel hanger. My luck is that ECS is in Ohio where I'm located and I get dinged for sales tax. LOL.
Old 03-07-2015, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
It is a bit pricey but after doing some searching, quite a few Audiphiles use spacers. These look to be quality products. Just ordered a set now along with a better wheel hanger. My luck is that ECS is in Ohio where I'm located and I get dinged for sales tax. LOL.
Funny is that this set is $10 more than the individual front and back sets. I guess it is a markup for ECS since they did the research, physical fitting and photographs of the install.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How does having thicker spacers in the rear vs the front affect understeer?
Old 03-07-2015, 09:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Love the look, but I have to ask....does it increase the chance of wheel rash when wife drives the car? :P
Old 03-08-2015, 11:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
Funny is that this set is $10 more than the individual front and back sets. I guess it is a markup for ECS since they did the research, physical fitting and photographs of the install.
What's also odd is its more expensive then the MK7 GTI kit that has a 20mm rear and 15mm front. Same Bolt pattern, same bore size, more material, and cheaper.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

How will these perform on an A3 Cab with a sports suspension?
Old 03-08-2015, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

I ordered this exact kit and love it. My tuner who installed them said the car was in desperate need of bringing those things out. They are so tucked in stock. I would say that, unfortunately yes, there seems to be an increased risk of wheel rash when the wife drives it. But it looks good. High quality product, no vibrations or rubbing with stock 19". And it comes with elongated bolts.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:26 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by salvadorik
I just placed an order for these spacers. $215 is a bit too much for these accessories. I really hope that they worth the price.
It's definitely not one of the less expensive mods. Wheel bolts will drive the price of this kit up for sure.

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
That shouldn't be correct. The kits typically are less expensive than buying everything individuality. Likely the pricing on individual kits is off. Thanks for bringing this to our attention we will correct it.

Originally Posted by Fltrooper
What's also odd is its more expensive then the MK7 GTI kit that has a 20mm rear and 15mm front. Same Bolt pattern, same bore size, more material, and cheaper.

The outer diameter of the spacer between Audi/VW is different. Meaning even if the spacer is the same thickness it may not complete mate up to the hub surface (there will be a gap) as VW spacers have a smaller outer diameter. There's no mark up between brands, spacers are priced according to manufacturing costs so any spacers that cross over fitment wise will have the same price whether it's VW or Audi.

Originally Posted by ahyeah
How does having thicker spacers in the rear vs the front affect understeer?
The way the chassis is configured the rears may need more spacing than the fronts. Typically for better braking and control the front wheel base is wider than the rear. Which is typically why you need less spacing up front and more in the rear.

Originally Posted by jenhao
Love the look, but I have to ask....does it increase the chance of wheel rash when wife drives the car? :P
Any time you push your wheels out further whether it be by spacer or running a lower offset wheel you need to be more aware of curbs.

Originally Posted by audifoxtoS4
How will these perform on an A3 Cab with a sports suspension?
As long as your wheel specs are the same as the S3 they should have similar performance.

Originally Posted by Syrome
I ordered this exact kit and love it. My tuner who installed them said the car was in desperate need of bringing those things out. They are so tucked in stock. I would say that, unfortunately yes, there seems to be an increased risk of wheel rash when the wife drives it. But it looks good. High quality product, no vibrations or rubbing with stock 19". And it comes with elongated bolts.
Appreciate the feed back and the order!

Jason
Old 03-09-2015, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Mine show up tomorrow according to FedEx. Thanks for putting together the kit... What is next on your plate for the S3?
Old 03-09-2015, 07:47 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by easymacgyver
Mine show up tomorrow according to FedEx. Thanks for putting together the kit... What is next on your plate for the S3?
Thanks for the order! We have a few things in mind but unfortunately I can't release any info on that just yet. You'll just have to wait and see

Jason

Quick Reply: :: ECS Tuning :: NEW!! 8V S3 ECS Wheel Spacer Flush Fit Kit