Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Erase Bluetooth devices?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 02:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Erase Bluetooth devices?

Have a minor question for anyone with an actual A3 owner's manual.

I'm driving a loaner 2015 A3 while my A6 is in for service. Since I was going to be using the A3 for a couple of days, I paired by iPhone with the A3. After it paired, a message is displayed on the MMI stating that "there are already 4 devices paired with the A3" and it provides me with 2 choices.

a) replace one of the stored contact lists with mine
b) operate in a restricted mode

I have chosen the latter choice, not wanting any of my information stored in the A3's MMI.

The scary part is the screen actually displays the 4 other phone numbers that were paired prior to mine.

I have looked through the various settings in the MMI but the only option I see which MAY erase any stored numbers is one in the Auto Settings listed as "Factory Defaults".

Is there a way to delete/remove paired device information from the A3's MMI? I'd rather not leave any trace of my phone, etc. in the memory. Or is the "Factory Default" option the best approach?

Thanks.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by thehedge
Have a minor question for anyone with an actual A3 owner's manual.

I'm driving a loaner 2015 A3 while my A6 is in for service. Since I was going to be using the A3 for a couple of days, I paired by iPhone with the A3. After it paired, a message is displayed on the MMI stating that "there are already 4 devices paired with the A3" and it provides me with 2 choices.

a) replace one of the stored contact lists with mine
b) operate in a restricted mode

I have chosen the latter choice, not wanting any of my information stored in the A3's MMI.

The scary part is the screen actually displays the 4 other phone numbers that were paired prior to mine.

I have looked through the various settings in the MMI but the only option I see which MAY erase any stored numbers is one in the Auto Settings listed as "Factory Defaults".

Is there a way to delete/remove paired device information from the A3's MMI? I'd rather not leave any trace of my phone, etc. in the memory. Or is the "Factory Default" option the best approach?

Thanks.
In the telephone settings, select Bluetooth, then paired devices. You can delete devices on that page. You received the message because there is a limit of number of devices paired. Not much is keep on the car. Everytime you start car, the car downloads your phone directory, so it is only temporary storage.

Last edited by DennisMitchell; 12-15-2014 at 06:41 AM.