Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Floor Mats for New S3

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 04:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoonie G
I have the "floor liners", not the mats. Mats aren't available for the A3/S3 yet. It rained for 3 days last week and I didn't notice any issue with footing. The car also didn't have any problems with footing. lol
Hahaha, good enough for me
Old 12-22-2014, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quattro_Quattro
I remember reading a couple years ago that the Weathertech mats can get really slippery, especially if you aren't wearing rubber soled shoes. Can any of you folks advise if that is still an issue?
Do NOT make the mistake I made several years ago for Weathertech liners I had in my previous car. Took them out, washed them and used some Armor All to shine them up. Big mistake! Slipperyer than anything I'd ever experienced. LOL. Had to de-Armor All them. Normally don't let Armor All touch my car but figured they were just floor liners. Couldn't plant my feet to get in or out of the car until the Armor All was removed. Otherwise they are fine! And yes, I got Weathertech liners for my S3 as well. Have them in the my wife's Subaru also. Can't beat them.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
Do NOT make the mistake I made several years ago for Weathertech liners I had in my previous car. Took them out, washed them and used some Armor All to shine them up. Big mistake! Slipperyer than anything I'd ever experienced. LOL. Had to de-Armor All them. Normally don't let Armor All touch my car but figured they were just floor liners. Couldn't plant my feet to get in or out of the car until the Armor All was removed. Otherwise they are fine! And yes, I got Weathertech liners for my S3 as well. Have them in the my wife's Subaru also. Can't beat them.
Its hard to explain until you have experienced it... I did it once! and only once!

I think there might be a million dollar idea there if Armor All and Weather Tech got together and figured out what they could use this unbelievably slippery plastic for after combining both products!
Old 12-23-2014, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drober30
Its hard to explain until you have experienced it... I did it once! and only once!

I think there might be a million dollar idea there if Armor All and Weather Tech got together and figured out what they could use this unbelievably slippery plastic for after combining both products!
There has to be some use of by the Department of Defense for that combination. It was unreal. Or maybe coat bobsled runs, skis or something. Seemed worse than ice. And not easy to undo either. LOL.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I got the Weathertech floor liners and Audi rear mats as early X-mas presents. It's the perfect setup! Out of the car, the Weathertechs look like they have too much of a lip/edge to them. But they fit the footwell perfectly. Plus with the floor liners (unlike rubber mats) you don't run the risk of having salty water/snow overflowing the edges and ending up on your carpet. I also really like how the Weathertechs cover a significant portion of the dead pedal and the area behind the back/gas pedals, further protecting the carpet.

The rear Audi mats fit like a glove as well. Definitely a solid winter setup.

Name:  IMG_1090_zpse5b443f6.jpg
Views: 959
Size:  124.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1092_zps2b20dfdd.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  92.4 KB
Old 12-24-2014, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I have the Weathertechs in the front right now and they're great. The only minor issue is if my shoes are wet and I rest my foot on the dead pedal, I noticed some water leaks down behind the liner.
Old 12-27-2014, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
I got the Weathertech floor liners and Audi rear mats as early X-mas presents. It's the perfect setup! Out of the car, the Weathertechs look like they have too much of a lip/edge to them. But they fit the footwell perfectly. Plus with the floor liners (unlike rubber mats) you don't run the risk of having salty water/snow overflowing the edges and ending up on your carpet. I also really like how the Weathertechs cover a significant portion of the dead pedal and the area behind the back/gas pedals, further protecting the carpet.

The rear Audi mats fit like a glove as well. Definitely a solid winter setup.

These are very tempting… thanks for the pics!
Old 12-29-2014, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just purchased the weather tech rear cargo liner at Floor mats n more. No one has had any discounts on it previously. They have a 10% off discount code currently brings it down to $115 shipped no tax in NC.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I also picked up Weather Techs. I had them in my Accord. Great for keeping snow/ice/water off the interior. I got them in grey to match my two tone interior. The mats are a little darker than the seat grey but i don't mind. I'll also be ordering the trunk mat. Great products. You can't go wrong with them!
Old 01-01-2015, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by lordjop
I also picked up Weather Techs. I had them in my Accord. Great for keeping snow/ice/water off the interior. I got them in grey to match my two tone interior. The mats are a little darker than the seat grey but i don't mind. I'll also be ordering the trunk mat. Great products. You can't go wrong with them!
Could you post a picture up. I would like to see how it looks with the grey two tone

Quick Reply: Floor Mats for New S3