Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Getting/Sending text messages with iPhone and MMI

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackie2015A3
I just joined this forum and am having a very similar issue...I do get my text messages, but CANNOT SEND MSSGS OR RESPOND. the Send option is grayed out. I have an iPhone 5s. I'm very frustrated because Siri doesn't work either when my iPhone is connected to MMI via Bluetooth. These two issues force me to text while driving on occasion when I have to respond. I am in my car two hours a day back and forth to and from work and there are times when I must respond to a text. I'm very disappointed. I thought Audi and Apple were more in sync with each other than that. My friend has a Samsung Galaxy S5 and we linked it to my car and text messages can be received and sent on it. Does any one know if there's a trick to making the Send feature work on iPhone????
Doesn't work for me either. Both Siri and replying to texts. Major oversight that hopefully can be corrected via a software update on somebody's end. 2015 S3.
Old 02-07-2015, 08:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just joined this forum and am having a very similar issue...I do get my text messages, but CANNOT SEND MSSGS OR RESPOND. the Send option is grayed out. I have an iPhone 5s. [...] Does any one know if there's a trick to making the Send feature work on iPhone????
No send option for me.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I've been on the phone with Audi support this morning. I'm waiting on a call back now. The lady I was talking to just happened to have an A3 and an iPhone available and was going to "play" with it. She is supposed to call me back later. What she said though before our conversation ended is that it is an Apple IOS 8 issue. I seem to agree at this point. I'm interested to see if an old iPhone 4 would work and I happen to have one at my office I'm going to actually activate and try next week. Samsung/android phones work flawlessly. Guess it's time for me to make a phone change, as bad as I hate to, if this doesn't get resolved really quickly.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

I've been on the phone with Audi support this morning. I'm waiting on a call back now. The lady I was talking to just happened to have an A3 and an iPhone available and was going to "play" with it. She is supposed to call me back later. What she said though before our conversation ended is that it is an Apple IOS 8 issue. I seem to agree at this point. I'm interested to see if an old iPhone 4 would work and I happen to have one at my office I'm going to actually activate and try next week. Samsung/android phones work flawlessly. Guess it's time for me to make a phone change, as bad as I hate to, if this doesn't get resolved really quickly.
And if you called Apple they would blame the software in the car, typical blame game runaround. Any time a product with another company's name is involved, it has to be their fault.

Either way, the lackluster explanation I got from the Customer Service rep I got over email made it seem like they both a) know it's a problem and b) don't seem to care enough to fix it.

It might just be me, but I wouldn't terminate a phone contract or change my device because I couldn't reply to texts while driving.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got another lackluster response from Audi today. They even denied my request to speak with someone outside of customer service.

Thank you for your continued patience during my review. I do truly regret your disappointment in our not offering the Siri feature in your 2015 Audi A3; however, we are not able to modify the vehicle.

Although I understand you were seeking to speak with someone in Audi product management regarding your concern, we here in the Audi Customer Experience Center are the only customer contact point for Audi of America. Please know your satisfaction is important to us, and your valued comments have documented.
Sadly, I cannot seem to get in touch with anyone that can speak intelligently about this issue. And telling me it is for my safety is both ridiculous and insulting.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just wanted to touch base with everyone again. Has anyone come to a solution in the last few months?
Old 05-13-2015, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm sure its an AUDI issue. I just rented a 2015 Toyota Sienna while on vacations 2 weeks ago and my phone (messaging etc...) worked like a charm with this vehicle but not with my MMI...
Old 07-06-2015, 01:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I've been using my iPhone 6 with my MMi for a while. After see this thread, i try to get this notifications. The option "show notifications" doesn't appear on my iPhone.
I have A3 Sedan 2015 1.4 TSFI.
I need to just disconnect and reconnect or delete the device and reconnect?
Any one knows if my car model have this option?
Thanks!
Old 07-07-2015, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

How do you call the number that texted you? It says " not supported by the network"
Old 10-05-2016, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

You need to go to your Iphone settings, select bluetooth, select thee "i" button, then turn on notifications. It will work then after you go to MMI telephone settings, bluetooth, your phone, turn on text messages.

Quick Reply: Getting/Sending text messages with iPhone and MMI