Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Homelink on S3 (picture of port installed option)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 05:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STL Okie
Agreed, they sure have enough of those blank spaces to work with, at least in the US. Not sure I like the location and size they chose.
The visor is super small, so the Homelink looks bigger than it really is. Also, the orientation of the picture, which was taken with an iphone, is a little off. The only person in the car that can see it is the driver and it's tucked in nicely. It's definitely not bad at all. Sure, the location tells you that the engineers did not design it where it was meant to be, but this is 100% customer feeback and now they're offering it. My guess is that the new year will have it integrated somewhere more appropriate. It does the job and now I don't have to carry two remotes... One for the gate and the other for the garage.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ben944
How did you find out about the option? And can dealers install it or just at port?
On the order sheet provided by the dealer, it's under the "Port Installed Accessory" section. I found out when I mentioned that it was a little ridiculous that they didn't have Homelink as standard. The salesperson said "actually, it's now a port installed option."
Old 03-30-2015, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I've read authoritative-sounding posts on another forum that for some reason this port-installed option is not compatible with the Advanced Technology Package option. Can someone here with first-hand knowledge confirm or deny that? If it's not true, I'll be tempted to get this added to my incoming vehicle (w/ Adv Tech)...
Old 03-30-2015, 06:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by S3in15
I've read authoritative-sounding posts on another forum that for some reason this port-installed option is not compatible with the Advanced Technology Package option. Can someone here with first-hand knowledge confirm or deny that? If it's not true, I'll be tempted to get this added to my incoming vehicle (w/ Adv Tech)...
I can confirm. It's n/a with PPZ and 7Y5. PPZ is advanced technology package and 7Y5 is Audi active lane assist.

Just an FYI... Homelink is coded as 3HB.

All of this is coming from the Audi order guide for the 2015 S3. Revised date of 3/10/15.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by BullAudi
I can confirm. It's n/a with PPZ and 7Y5. PPZ is advanced technology package and 7Y5 is Audi active lane assist.

Just an FYI... Homelink is coded as 3HB.

All of this is coming from the Audi order guide for the 2015 S3. Revised date of 3/10/15.
Thanks for the quick reply. Oh well... Removes temptation to spend another $295!
Old 04-03-2015, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My dealer told me it requires the driver assistance package. Can anyone tell me if this is true?
Old 04-06-2015, 06:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MPowerThis
My dealer told me it requires the driver assistance package. Can anyone tell me if this is true?
There's no such requirement that I see on the order sheet. The only packages that Homelink is not available in are the ones that I mentioned a few posts before. I hope that helps.

"I can confirm. It's n/a with PPZ and 7Y5. PPZ is advanced technology package and 7Y5 is Audi active lane assist."
Old 04-06-2015, 08:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It's on the 2016 order guide too:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/56dnqw8bul...30859.pdf?dl=0
Old 04-07-2015, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

My wife's S3 is currently on the boat. Where can you find out more about this?
Old 04-10-2015, 10:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mhblaw
My wife's S3 is currently on the boat. Where can you find out more about this?
From your dealer or from the details on this thread.

Quick Reply: Homelink on S3 (picture of port installed option)