Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Homelink on S3 (picture of port installed option)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Complaining about implementation doesn't seem appropriate in my opinion, Audi did not see it coming in terms of customer demand for this option promise that much... They were forced to quickly engineer a solution I'm sure of it.

Complaining about location sounds petty to me. Just sayin'
Old 04-11-2015, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

So I imagine that 'port install' also indicates that we could ask our dealership to install it after purchase?
Old 04-11-2015, 05:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arU4ic
So I imagine that 'port install' also indicates that we could ask our dealership to install it after purchase?
Assuming that it's still at port and Homelink is available with the options that you have on your car, then yes.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Can someone recommend a nice, small homelink alternative for those who can't have it installed? As petty as it sounds, I will probably forego the A3 if I can't have homelink. I have two gates and one garage that I have to program. I will not carry around 3 remotes with me in the car.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BullAudi
Assuming that it's still at port and Homelink is available with the options that you have on your car, then yes.
I presume he means asking his dealer to install it after it's already been delivered. I'm somewhat interested in that option, but I'd rather someone finds a source for the homelink part (button assembly) and does a FAQ write-up for installation
Old 04-11-2015, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by link1305
I presume he means asking his dealer to install it after it's already been delivered. I'm somewhat interested in that option, but I'd rather someone finds a source for the homelink part (button assembly) and does a FAQ write-up for installation
Yes, exactly. My dealer (maybe all of them are) is a bit skittish about installing options that are not available when ordering. I'd like it to be under warranty AND like installation to not risk my warranty.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by STL Okie
Agreed, they sure have enough of those blank spaces to work with, at least in the US. Not sure I like the location and size they chose.
Now they need to give us Auto-OFF, Hold Assist and Park Assist.

I'm sure the latter only requires that you have the Driver Assistance package.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I'll be asking the dealer this week when I take my A4 in for service… I'll get the skinny.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

I was just at the dealer yesterday for my 5k service and was talking to my service advisor about it. It's definitely port added but not an option yet (at least at my dealership) as they haven't received instructions from Audi about how to add/install it. I'm going to keep checking though as it looks like it will likely be able to be added sooner or later.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audiracer2002
I was just at the dealer yesterday for my 5k service and was talking to my service advisor about it. It's definitely port added but not an option yet (at least at my dealership) as they haven't received instructions from Audi about how to add/install it. I'm going to keep checking though as it looks like it will likely be able to be added sooner or later.
Thanks for the update. I hope this is something the dealer will be able to do. I don't really mind the lack of memory seats. But having gotten used to HomeLink in all the other cars I've driven, I definitely miss it.

Quick Reply: Homelink on S3 (picture of port installed option)