Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

How do I turn the Mirror upside down ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

... Get out much?

Old 01-13-2017, 02:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by larbel
... Get out much?

LOL, well, since we do live in an upside down world, where money is DEBT, I reckon this just follows the trend.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

By the OP's reasoning, ALL of these manufacturers got the mirror design wrong!
Old 01-13-2017, 03:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 19hole
By the OP's reasoning, ALL of these manufacturers got the mirror design wrong!

They did indeed !

Google Images

Type in there: car inside mirror

And see what they normally look like.

cheers.

p.s.: this must all be part of the "new normal" where there is no gender, right is wrong, nothing is something, lies are truth, etc etc. hehehehe

Last edited by bobx001; 01-13-2017 at 03:18 AM.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Wow.. this is a more than shocking discovery... I think the whole car industry might be wrong and the OP is the only person in the world who gets it...

Seriously, this is like saying since the cars from the '90s all had rectangular headlights and hence, any other shape would be wrong and you won't be able to see the road!!

The problem here is already best described by the OP's own "sketch" on the first page, it's not that they've shortened the length on the bottom side of the mirror, it's they INCREASED the length on the top side! If the OP's intention was to show how wrong the mirror design is then that "sketch" totally failed to proof the point...

And for the record, MY '16's S3 had this same tapered upward mirror design and MY '17 S3 has the frameless version of the same mirror. I personally had no issue whatsoever and it's light years ahead of the small oval design. The bottom corners' view are blocked by the front seats' headrests anyway, perhaps they're what the OP should be worried about. And you know what? Tilting your head maybe 1 or 2 degrees either side would give you the full rearview, that's what normal driver without neck problem do????
Old 01-13-2017, 04:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

One could even argue that with the wider section on the bottom it actually interferes more with my forward vision.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this is good cause to scrap the inside mirror totally and go straight to rear facing cameras and in-dash monitors!!

Besides, and to quote the original Gumball Rally movie, "What izza behind me, izza not important!!" (Italian accent of course) :-)
Old 01-13-2017, 07:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by larbel
Wow.. this is a more than shocking discovery... I think the whole car industry might be wrong and the OP is the only person in the world who gets it...

Seriously, this is like saying since the cars from the '90s all had rectangular headlights and hence, any other shape would be wrong and you won't be able to see the road!!

The problem here is already best described by the OP's own "sketch" on the first page, it's not that they've shortened the length on the bottom side of the mirror, it's they INCREASED the length on the top side! If the OP's intention was to show how wrong the mirror design is then that "sketch" totally failed to proof the point...

And for the record, MY '16's S3 had this same tapered upward mirror design and MY '17 S3 has the frameless version of the same mirror. I personally had no issue whatsoever and it's light years ahead of the small oval design. The bottom corners' view are blocked by the front seats' headrests anyway, perhaps they're what the OP should be worried about. And you know what? Tilting your head maybe 1 or 2 degrees either side would give you the full rearview, that's what normal driver without neck problem do????

LOL, did I micro-aggressed you ? LOOOL
Old 01-13-2017, 09:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

WOW, Can it possibly be that everyone is correct?
Old 01-13-2017, 03:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

If you don't want to Correct the mirror, which is very simple to do, then this is the car you will be driving
LOL

Quick Reply: How do I turn the Mirror upside down ?