Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

How to get email updates on custom order?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get email updates on custom order?

I ordered my S3 back in July, and I'm not terribly happy with my sales agent, he hasn't been very communicative. I managed to find out in a round-about way that my S3 has completed production. I know previously people who ordered were able to get email updates as their car progressed through various stages of building/shipping etc. What is that service called? I asked my sales agent to sign me up and he had no idea what I was talking about. If I could get the name of that program/service maybe it would help him find it and sign me up for it.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Tsyndr
I ordered my S3 back in July, and I'm not terribly happy with my sales agent, he hasn't been very communicative. I managed to find out in a round-about way that my S3 has completed production. I know previously people who ordered were able to get email updates as their car progressed through various stages of building/shipping etc. What is that service called? I asked my sales agent to sign me up and he had no idea what I was talking about. If I could get the name of that program/service maybe it would help him find it and sign me up for it.
no such service that I'm aware of....just have to get a good SA who will keep give you periodic updates like this:
Attached Thumbnails How to get email updates on custom order?-screen-shot-10-03-15-03.45-pm.png   How to get email updates on custom order?-screen-shot-10-03-15-03.45-pm-001.png  
Old 10-04-2015, 03:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

I believe it's a service provided by the dealer. When I placed a order for a S3 I received emails in form letter format from the sales manager that explained the process and email updates from the same person each time order progressed through the checkpoints noted in Audi40's post above.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Kevin70
I believe it's a service provided by the dealer. When I placed a order for a S3 I received emails in form letter format from the sales manager that explained the process and email updates from the same person each time order progressed through the checkpoints noted in Audi40's post above.
Hmm ok, yeah i emailed my SA for updates, haven't heard back. Maybe he's off this weekend. I found out my S3 was built because I was getting a little impatient waiting, and I saw a similar built S3 appear on the dealer's website, so I actually called a different dealer (that's closer to me) to see if they could get the car to their local lot. They told me it the car I was looking at was a custom order, and it turned out to be mine. The VIN pops up in the dealer database, but they said it wouldn't be delivered until November.

Is that about right? 6-8 weeks from completion of production to delivery at the dealer?
Old 10-04-2015, 09:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I received emails from mynewaudi@audicommunication.com through the various stages of the order. My SA set up this for me using the email address I gave him. My SA also gave me updates as I requested them from him but received automatic emails from the email I mentioned.

Mike
Old 10-04-2015, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by makirk
I received emails from mynewaudi@audicommunication.com through the various stages of the order. My SA set up this for me using the email address I gave him. My SA also gave me updates as I requested them from him but received automatic emails from the email I mentioned.

Mike
Oh yeah! This is what I wanted. I knew I saw something like this on the forums before. Let me ask my SA about it. Thanks!
Old 10-05-2015, 08:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I never received updates because my initial salesman put my email address into their computer system wrong.

Edit: to add, he no longer worked at the dealership between the time I ordered and when the car arrived.