Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Interior Creaks

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 03:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Creaks

EDIT #1: Attached audio files.
EDIT #2: Drove with technician, noise heard easily. Called tech six hours later, says its not coming from the door or the seats but in the body of the vehicle. Also said not sure of when I might be getting my car back.
EDIT #3: The front creaking was a result of a loose driver's seat bolt.
The rear creaking was coming from two plastic component rubbing together in the 3rd-brake light.

I've had a plastic shifting type creaking sound from somewhere in my back seat area. I've tried putting down the 40 section, the 60 section, both, just the center console etc. but can't quite diagnose the issue while driving.
Now yesterday, my driver door is also creaking, same type of sound except louder!! I can even hear it with the volume around 16-18!! If I pull the door handle parallel to the road towards me while driving, it stops the creaking...but that's not safe.

Has anyone else had these types of problems with their S3 interior?
Please help me before I make the 7-hour return road trip tomorrow with my fiancé complaining that I'm complaining about my car.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3
Voice0001.mp3 (207.8 KB, 175 views)
File Type: mp3
Voice0002.mp3 (240.9 KB, 119 views)

Last edited by Kaenon; 07-22-2015 at 05:11 AM.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Interior Creaks

I don't have and haven't read of many complaints.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
I don't have and haven't read of many complaints.
That's what I was afraid of. I've searched a few forums and haven't found anything recent.
Old 07-04-2015, 03:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had some really bad rattling in the passenger door. Sounds like metal or plastic rattles.

Went to dealership like 3 times, and they finally fixed it with tape onto the cables and other interior components.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

No creaks - but I do have the passenger door rattle. Good to know it can be fixed.I thought mine was the locking mechanism for an unused seatbelt. Got to talk to the dealer
Old 07-06-2015, 02:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My steering wheel creaks when I turn. Anyone else had that?
Old 07-06-2015, 10:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TorinTPG
My steering wheel creaks when I turn. Anyone else had that?
No, but this door and backseat creak are driving me insane as I can still hear them over the music and I cannot pinpoint there location while searching for them. Only can get it to creak whilst driving.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Kaenon
No, but this door and backseat creak are driving me insane as I can still hear them over the music and I cannot pinpoint there location while searching for them. Only can get it to creak whilst driving.
Contact Audi corporate of your dealership won't help.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Kaenon
i had a ton of creaking problems in mine. one of which i swear was coming from the passenger side rear seat. i did the same as you folding them down but no dice. took it to the dealer and turns out it was a panel in the sunroof.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

this needs to be reported to Audi, via their dealerships. Audi claims they don't have creaks, I brought mine 3 times now, they say it's all fine and normal. more people need to complain otherwise Audi will think that their stuff is perfect when it's not.
(ps, after frustration, took the whole panel off myself, and inserted some self adhesive felt pads, the problem is now gone, but DIY on an audi is ridiculous IMO).

Quick Reply: Interior Creaks