Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Interior LED kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 06:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior LED kit

So for some reason, I decided to pick up an interior LED kit for my A3. Went with a more expensive option compared to eBay, but it came with a lifetime warranty. The kit has replacement LEDs for the front and rear dome lights, 2 vanity lights, glovebox and trunk. Pretty easy to install, though the most difficult was the front dome.

I have to say... for the domes, I hate it. It's really quite harsh and gives off a somewhat cheap feel. Not sure what I was thinking, but I'm going to be swapping them back to the incandescent bulbs. Though, I think I'll keep the trunk and glovebox, as the "upgraded" LED they sent me for the trunk is actually quite bright, which is helpful at nighttime. Not sure about the vanities, but that will probably go back as well.

Figured I'd post to share my experience in case others were thinking of going the LED route.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I disagree with you. I believe I bought the same kit as you and I really love it. In my opinion it makes the car feel much more modern.

But I guess it goes all with personal preference. I also like that LEDs are more efficient and run cooler.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CTNewb
I disagree with you. I believe I bought the same kit as you and I really love it. In my opinion it makes the car feel much more modern.

But I guess it goes all with personal preference. I also like that LEDs are more efficient and run cooler.
Fair enough. I figured I'd be in the minority as these kits seem to be pretty popular. I think for me its the color hue--I prefer a warm or neutral color to a pure white hue.

Out of curiosity, what color interior do you have? Perhaps it's just how it looks in my all black interior (black cloth headliner as well).

On a different note, I do love the amber LED front turn signals I swapped in.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have black leather with gray headliner. Maybe that makes the difference.

I just ordere Amber LEDs for front turn signals last night. I can't wait for them to come in and change Vcds coding so that I get front out phase blinker with drl LEDs.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Mind telling us what kit you purchased ? I'm looking for a quality conversion and don't trust fleabay. If you dont want to post it, can you PM me?

Thanks!
Old 10-07-2015, 05:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by S3Tom
Mind telling us what kit you purchased ? I'm looking for a quality conversion and don't trust fleabay. If you dont want to post it, can you PM me?

Thanks!
This is the one I got. Lifetime warranty, promises that they will dim like the OEM lights, and won't glow after turning off the car (I guess this has been a reported problem with some kits?).

Complete Interior LED Kit including Trunk LED - Error Free Fits: Audi A3 Sedan ? deAutoKey

I got the "A3 Sedan Gen 3" kit from the above link. Not the cheapest option out there.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sdjaime
This is the one I got. Lifetime warranty, promises that they will dim like the OEM lights, and won't glow after turning off the car (I guess this has been a reported problem with some kits?).

Complete Interior LED Kit including Trunk LED - Error Free Fits: Audi A3 Sedan ? deAutoKey

I got the "A3 Sedan Gen 3" kit from the above link. Not the cheapest option out there.
That's the same one I purchased. I am very happy with it. One thing to note, is that it didn't come with instructions like the ECS kit does. Take a look at the deautokey.com and ecstuning.com I think both of those kits are really good.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those aftermarket LEDs look very glaring in light compared to the OEM LEDs.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:26 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry to hear that, but we have seen OEM LEDs and ours are no different in the brightness/color, it seems LEDs are just bright.

We have a new 4300k kit coming out which is less intense vs the 6k but it is still bright enough to be worth switching out to LEDs.

If you are interested, please contact us sdjaime - support@deAutoLED.com and we can help you out, we are here for our customers.

Thank you
Old 10-10-2015, 12:04 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

From what we have seen the OEM and our LEDs are the same brightness, LEDs are just bright.

But we have a 4300k LED model, it is bright but not as intense - sdjaime - if you are interested please contact Support@deAutoLED.com and we will help you out, we want you to be 100% happy with your purchase.

Thank you

Quick Reply: Interior LED kit