Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Intro-Tech Custom Fit Premium Sun Shade

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 12:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intro-Tech Custom Fit Premium Sun Shade

Hello everyone, I just joined this forum and recently purchased my first Audi a few weeks ago. I got a 2015 Audi A3 Premium. I have purchased a few items for it and will be installing them soon. I will be installing an RS3 Grill and H&R Sport Springs. I have had the windows tinted with 30% 3M tint and recently purchased an Intro-Tech Custom Fit Premium Folding Auto Sun Shade.

I am very happy with the sun shade and just wanted to give a quick review on it for anyone wanting to purchase one for their car. The sun shade itself is made of a thick material and feels very well made and sturdy. It is easy to install and easy to fold up and put away. The fit is great and covers most of the windshield. It keeps the car a lot cooler and does not need the sun visors to keep it in place. I found it on Amazon for under $40 with free shipping, I was able to find it by the model number, AU-61-P, and it is the correct one for the 2015 Audi A3. The sun shade comes with a black storage bag to put it away when not in use. Below is a link to the one that I bought from Amazon and I have attached some pictures of it while on my car.

Amazon.com: Intro-Tech Custom Fit Premium Folding Auto Sun Shade - (Silver): Automotive Amazon.com: Intro-Tech Custom Fit Premium Folding Auto Sun Shade - (Silver): Automotive
Attached Images     
Old 09-11-2015, 12:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks! I was looking for a sun shade
Old 09-11-2015, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by erik83p
Hello everyone, I just joined this forum and recently purchased my first Audi a few weeks ago. I got a 2015 Audi A3 Premium. I have purchased a few items for it and will be installing them soon. I will be installing an RS3 Grill and H&R Sport Springs. I have had the windows tinted with 30% 3M tint and recently purchased an Intro-Tech Custom Fit Premium Folding Auto Sun Shade.

I am very happy with the sun shade and just wanted to give a quick review on it for anyone wanting to purchase one for their car. The sun shade itself is made of a thick material and feels very well made and sturdy. It is easy to install and easy to fold up and put away. The fit is great and covers most of the windshield. It keeps the car a lot cooler and does not need the sun visors to keep it in place. I found it on Amazon for under $40 with free shipping, I was able to find it by the model number, AU-61-P, and it is the correct one for the 2015 Audi A3. The sun shade comes with a black storage bag to put it away when not in use. Below is a link to the one that I bought from Amazon and I have attached some pictures of it while on my car.

Amazon.com: Intro-Tech Custom Fit Premium Folding Auto Sun Shade - (Silver): Automotive
Does your Audi have the rain sensor? I couldn't tell by the pictures and wonder how it will impact the fit of the shade. Thanks.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hello, my car does have the rain sensor.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

hmm this is not an option for me as taking it down and putting it up would be to much of a hassle. plus i might scratch my steering wheel leather while monkeying around.

i placed an order for the rear and side sun blinds from the audi collection. i'll let you guys know how they turn out
Attached Images  
Old 09-26-2015, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So i got that rear sun shade. It works out great. Inside is darker. Much less direct sunlight when parked in the sun. Can still backup fine especially with the backup cam... Does not flap around or fall when driving with windows open on highway.
awesome quality but expensive at 280$ for the the rear and small side triangles
Old 09-26-2015, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

CoverCraft also sells a windshield shade for the A3/S3 - you have to order UV11360 to get the right part (UV11360BL for blue, etc). This is what I got, works great.