Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Iphone mount

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dlmmail18
This is the best looking setup I've seen. Very clean and nothing clipped to the dash. Love that you linked smile.amazon.com too!!

I'm going to try something similar (though without the wirelss charging as my phone doesnt support).
Thanks! I like its location alot as its not completely in direct view. However I have Android through the MMI system for music/google maps so never really need to look down. When you find something, make sure the mount doesn't have a hard angle and its tall and slight to not interfere with the cupholder.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

sub'd
Old 06-06-2015, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys

Perhaps is this an interesting solution too. Not sure it will fit now it say that it is for Audi A3. Audi A3 iPhone 5/6 Adapter Cradle Mount Dock Stand by dPrint on Shapeways
Old 06-06-2015, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkerPlus
Hi Guys

Perhaps is this an interesting solution too. Not sure it will fit now it say that it is for Audi A3. Audi A3 iPhone 5/6 Adapter Cradle Mount Dock Stand by dPrint on Shapeways
An earlier poster on 5/11 said they had purchased it. Looks quite nice for that size phone. Any thing larger like iPhone 6+ or Galaxy Note would be too large for the space between top of cupholder and HVAC controls on dash.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

wow i forgot to check this thread for a while but glad to see so many responses.

i still haven't gotten around to buying a mount. there are some great options posted ITT. i'm leaning towards a vent mount so i can have the phone higher up on the dash with minimal clutter. the dual vent mount looks awesome too! almost exactly what i'm looking for. the only thing is i dont like magnetic hook ups

keep'em coming!

Originally Posted by mroberte
Thanks! I like its location alot as its not completely in direct view. However I have Android through the MMI system for music/google maps so never really need to look down. When you find something, make sure the mount doesn't have a hard angle and its tall and slight to not interfere with the cupholder.
so through android you can use google maps on the MMI screen? that is fantastic.. i hate the audi nav system. wish i could hook up my iphone to the MMI and have whatever map app i have
Old 06-15-2015, 12:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

@blam89, ya the android system is its own standalone "tablet" that converts the MMI screen to a touchscreen. But I have it now that its mainly done by voice commands. My phone provides the data connection to talk to the cloud.

Its incredibly convenient and love it. I long press my volume button on the steering wheel and then google now waits for a command, "Ok Google, navigate to work". Then it starts doing it's thing, then I ask it "Ok Google, play some music" then it starts the music. Really should be how all cars should be at this day in age! I have some videos at: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud.../#post24646605
Old 06-15-2015, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mroberte
@blam89, ya the android system is its own standalone "tablet" that converts the MMI screen to a touchscreen. But I have it now that its mainly done by voice commands. My phone provides the data connection to talk to the cloud.

Its incredibly convenient and love it. I long press my volume button on the steering wheel and then google now waits for a command, "Ok Google, navigate to work". Then it starts doing it's thing, then I ask it "Ok Google, play some music" then it starts the music. Really should be how all cars should be at this day in age! I have some videos at: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud.../#post24646605
dude that is sweet. im using an Iphone and wish i could do the same thing. i wish i could just plug and play my phone like yours.

ultimately i can see the phone replacing almost everything in the car and hope manufacturers embrace this trend sooner rather than later.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just got Kenu holder exactly like pictured here. Can't seem to install. Would very appreciate any suggestions or tips. Thank you!
Old 01-27-2016, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Kenu holder

Originally Posted by arU4ic
This is awesome: The lower bracket is spring loaded and pretty grippy and super solid. It rotates 360 too, for those stubborn apps that don't rotate when you turn the phone.
Please share your installation tips. I'm having trouble to mount it to the vent. Thank you
Old 01-27-2016, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hey All, been trying to design a phone mount that fits in the cupholder, Basically no dice for a iPhone 6 or even the Note series. They are just too tall, however it would work, but would need be further down in the cup almost making the home button useless. Will keep playing around with the designs and post when I have something that works - if it can.

With iPhone 5S.

Side View

Quick Reply: Iphone mount