Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Iphone mount

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CarL.
That is the main issue with the new vent design. It was impossible to get any universal vent cell mount to stay and look nice. Overtime when I took my phone off it would also come off with it. Also I didn't want to lose the functionality of the vent itself. So I got one that could stick to the dash between the vent, but eventually it would fall off and I was concerned about ruining the dash board. That's how I figured out the Clearmounts. I know it's not a solution for everyone but it really works well!
I agree. Clearmounts looks nice but the price is little steep. I bought the Blue Garuda based off the feedback I saw here and also on Amazon stating that this one in particular fits Audis well, but I guess not. Might have to just get a Clearmount.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:51 AM
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LisaAlissa
Please share your installation tips. I'm having trouble to mount it to the vent. Thank you
Have you seen www.clearmounts.com?
Attached Thumbnails Iphone mount-clearmounts.png  
Old 08-25-2016, 12:00 PM
Former Vendor

I will soon be adding 2 new designs to the Clearmounts family... Brushed Aluminium Clear Anodized to match your interior trim and Brushed Aluminium Satin Black Anodized... I will still offer the original Clearmounts...
Attached Images  
Old 08-25-2016, 09:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I bought the scosche magic mount (Cell Phone Holder for Car | Magnet Phone Mount | Magnetic Cell Phone Holder | magicMOUNT? surface | by Scosche) and then added a GoPro adhesive patch because the 3M patch that came with it didn't hold and mounted between the two vents - add a plate behind your cell phone case and voila - discrete, almost invisible when no phone is there and holds well even with hard cornering. The only downside is with a iPhone 6/6s, you can only mount the phone vertically (which with the way I use waze, v1 etc) is my preferred orientation.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Clear Mounts are Fantastic. Installation is easy. They are extremely professionally built and styled. They are so good I forget my phone now most of the time because the integration is so seamless!
Old 08-28-2016, 05:13 PM
Former Vendor

Hey guys check it out... I introduced some new Clearmounts styles including a limited edition carbon look wrap... www.clearmounts.com
Attached Thumbnails Iphone mount-screen-shot-2016-08-28-5.37.51-pm.png  
Old 09-09-2016, 01:33 PM
Former Vendor

Default Clearmounts Swivel is here!

Hello All! Great news... Clearmounts Swivel is now here and are ready to ship! Come check it out at www.clearmounts.com
Attached Images  
Old 09-09-2016, 11:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like this product, but this clearmount vendor really seems that have spammed the thread... no? yes?
Old 09-10-2016, 03:32 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by arU4ic
I like this product, but this clearmount vendor really seems that have spammed the thread... no? yes?
I am a paid advertiser on AudiWorld. They allow me to advertise. I just want to get the word out to you guys.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hey Clearmounts,

Can you tell me if you can display an iPhone 6 in landscape mode using the original clearmount? All the photos only display it in portrait?

Cheers

Quick Reply: Iphone mount