Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

LED interior lights without LED light interior package

Old 08-27-2015, 05:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did get to see the interior LED lights today in the dealership's covered parking garage and I was quite impressed. They really amp up the - what I consider - very modern interior cabin design and give it just that final touch. I think it made a huge difference. And it wasn't even that dark - so I can imagine how they would really glow when it's pitch black at night. In the dead of winter when the sun sets at 4:20 that will be very nice.

This makes the decision even harder to decided between the B&O and the convenience package. Aaaaah first world problems!

What I did notice about the compass in the rearview mirror is that the mirror is tiny. I sat in a 2016 today (as well as the 2015) and they did redesign the rearview mirror. It is considerably larger and a completely different shape in the 2016. So maybe that contributed to the nuisance factor for you, S3Tom.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which dealer are you working with in Seattle? I've had great experiences so far with Bellevue Audi as I was in the same position as you last summer with 2015 CPOs.

Mine didn't come with the interior LED lighting, so I decided to install the full Ziza LED interior lighting package from ECS tuning (005791ZIZ01KT - Master LED Interior Lighting Kit - ES#2739194). Although it does give the interior a much brighter and more modern lighting experience, it isn't quite as refined as the optional lighting package. However, it's illumination is more than enough for anything I've needed.

Just throwing options out there as the B&O is much more difficult to upgrade towards. Interested in hearing which route you decide to go!
Old 08-29-2015, 10:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jmick21
Which dealer are you working with in Seattle? I've had great experiences so far with Bellevue Audi as I was in the same position as you last summer with 2015 CPOs.

Mine didn't come with the interior LED lighting, so I decided to install the full Ziza LED interior lighting package from ECS tuning (005791ZIZ01KT - Master LED Interior Lighting Kit - ES#2739194). Although it does give the interior a much brighter and more modern lighting experience, it isn't quite as refined as the optional lighting package. However, it's illumination is more than enough for anything I've needed.

Just throwing options out there as the B&O is much more difficult to upgrade towards. Interested in hearing which route you decide to go!
I have been working with Bellevue Audi, actually. Glad to know you are happy with them.

Thanks for the lighting link. Did you install the LED lights yourself? I am not much of a DIY, but this seems very do-able. And without the convenience lighting package- your car doesn't have the footwell lights, door handle or cup holder lights, correct?
Old 08-29-2015, 02:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zformation
I have been working with Bellevue Audi, actually. Glad to know you are happy with them.

Thanks for the lighting link. Did you install the LED lights yourself? I am not much of a DIY, but this seems very do-able. And without the convenience lighting package- your car doesn't have the footwell lights, door handle or cup holder lights, correct?
Yeah I did install them myself, but I also have quite a bit of experience working on cars. It's fairly straightforward, just needed to be extra careful with prying on all the plastic pieces so that they didn't accidentally break. If you click on the "Installation" tab on the product page there's some pretty good pictures that show what exactly you're having to take apart. You can see the center dome lights are the trickiest to get to and needed a little force to remove the housing for them.

You are correct, my car doesn't have the footwell, handle, and cup holder lights without the convenience lighting package.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Interior Lighting A3

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I got my 2015 Audi A3 Quattro 2.0 in April of 2015. It's black on black. I used to have a 2012 fully loaded VW GTI, I bring this up because that baby had nice interior lighting. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford to get the interior lighting option on my A3 and I was wondering if any of you can recommend some good websites for quality lighting that's not too difficult to install.

Looking forward to your references!
Old 03-31-2016, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

As Jmick21 mentioned check out from ECS tuning link above. (005791ZIZ01KT - Master LED Interior Lighting Kit - ES#2739194) I just ordered the same part and will report back. I just bought the A3 and am loving it! Now for minor mods
Old 04-01-2016, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Will contact ECS.. Have 2015 A3 Cabriolet so my requirements are different. How about LED backup lights? Do they have or should I look elsewhere?