Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Map update Service not available issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Map update Service not available issue

Do you guys get this issue when you guys try to download the map from https://my.audi.com/?
Old 09-07-2016, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It was pretty wonky for a few weeks (a couple of threads around this), but around 3 weeks ago or so, it started working again and I downloaded and updated at that time. Odd to hear that its offline again.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems to be working today.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

I got this error today:

Old 09-12-2016, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by aem421
I got this error today:

I just tried a couple of minutes ago and had no problem beginning the download of the actual map update:

Initial download from myAudi is file downloader-6116050199.jnlp and then that has to be run. Before the actual download occurs of the map update you have to sign in with the username and password used to access your myAudi info. Then you have to select a location for the download to be copied to. Initial download of the map update info goes into a temporary folder and then after downloading and verified is copied from there to your chosen destination.

I would suggest deleting any downloader you already have and downloading a fresh copy from myAudi before trying again. It almost looks like whatever you downloaded did not download completely or got corrupted.

Current version of Java is needed. If you have older versions that were not removed, they should be uninstalled and then the most recent version downloaded from https://java.com/en/download/ That page should recognize your operating system and download the right version. After downloading and installing it should become the default application to open .jnlp files.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BobMar46
I just tried a couple of minutes ago and had no problem beginning the download of the actual map update:

Initial download from myAudi is file downloader-6116050199.jnlp and then that has to be run. Before the actual download occurs of the map update you have to sign in with the username and password used to access your myAudi info. Then you have to select a location for the download to be copied to. Initial download of the map update info goes into a temporary folder and then after downloading and verified is copied from there to your chosen destination.

I would suggest deleting any downloader you already have and downloading a fresh copy from myAudi before trying again. It almost looks like whatever you downloaded did not download completely or got corrupted.

Current version of Java is needed. If you have older versions that were not removed, they should be uninstalled and then the most recent version downloaded from https://java.com/en/download/ That page should recognize your operating system and download the right version. After downloading and installing it should become the default application to open .jnlp files.

Yes. That was the problem. I uninstalled Java and reinstalled Version 8 Update 101. Working great now! Thanks.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by aem421
Yes. That was the problem. I uninstalled Java and reinstalled Version 8 Update 101. Working great now! Thanks.
I really cannot understand why Audi uses Java for this type of update. It definitely makes the process more finicky and not user friendly. There are a lot of people who will not get factory navigation due to initial cost, cost of updates from most car companies and alternates available. While a downloadable update does take care of one of those objections, it is not in Audi's interest to make the process so difficult. It will turn off some of those who otherwise would get factory navigation.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

OK UPDATE - IT WORKS NOW.
Thanks to all that replied back

BOB=IT'S CORP AMERICA. There are too much red tape that take 1000 years to change their technology (been there and done that)