Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models
Old 07-29-2016, 09:32 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A3 Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Must… get… Auto-dimming mirror… help.

Old 01-01-2015, 05:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah what a jerk, insulting rear view mirror technology like that

/sarcasm
Old 01-04-2015, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I ordered a auto-dimming mirror from Taobao.com for RMB800 and install it successfully.

You have to dismantle the top light panel to connect a cable there and also get power from fuse box. It's not too difficult I would say.

Original

a set of tools help removing various parts

the new anti-dazzle mirror with cables

the anti-dazzle is on the right. you can see there's an extra plug

in working order now
Old 01-04-2015, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Fantastic news!!

Did you order the cable and connector separately or did it come with the mirror?

This is awesome thanks for going first!
Old 01-04-2015, 10:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

It comes with the correct cable and connector. The connector has 4 cables attached, one connects to the light unit on the top, one to fuse box, one to ground and one to parking.

I didn't connect it to the parking light which supposes to disable the dim function when reversing. It is too complicated to connect it that way and that function is not necessary to me.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

How much did it cost you?

Could we install a larger rear view camera with the 4 pins?
Old 01-05-2015, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I bought it from Taobao for RMB800 + 50 for shipping (I'm in HK), so that's roughly US$140.

I find other seller providing larger mirror as well, with about US$20-30 more. From their description I suppose it should work too but I haven't contacted them for details. To me, the original mirror is large enough so i didn't go for that.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by stephen.lin
I bought it from Taobao for RMB800 + 50 for shipping (I'm in HK), so that's roughly US$140.

I find other seller providing larger mirror as well, with about US$20-30 more. From their description I suppose it should work too but I haven't contacted them for details. To me, the original mirror is large enough so i didn't go for that.
Hello Stephen~ I am from HK too, may I know if the auto-rain sensor and light sensor still work with the anti-glare mirror installed? Thanks so much!
Old 06-20-2016, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by kstsui@gmail.com
Hello Stephen~ I am from HK too, may I know if the auto-rain sensor and light sensor still work with the anti-glare mirror installed? Thanks so much!
Yes, everything works fine so far. No hassle when going back to Audi dealer for annual maintenance too.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes, everything works fine so far. No hassle when going back to Audi dealer for annual maintenance too.
I don't suppose you have a link you can share from where you purchased the mirror? Thanks!
Old 03-26-2017, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default doubt

It comes with the correct cable and connector. The connector has 4 cables attached, one connects to the light unit on the top, one to fuse box, one to ground and one to parking.

I didn't connect it to the parking light which supposes to disable the dim function when reversing. It is too complicated to connect it that way and that function is not necessary to me.
Can you explain a little better how to connect to the light module?, is there any plug or you have to wire cables each other? do you have some kind of schematic?

thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Must… get… Auto-dimming mirror… help.