Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

My '17 S3 Arrived

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 07:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My '17 S3 Arrived

Hi all,

Got my '17 S3. Delightful. Fast, tight.

Debating between a ProClip mount (I already have the holder), which attaches just to the right of the center console, under the glove box (pic attached) vs. a Clear Mount with swivel, which many of you already know about. Any points of view regarding pros/cons on those two options?

Car definitely needs a detailing....direct sunlight reveals some subtle swirling and other imperfections. In other words, prep could have been better, I'd say. But it'll be great. I'm enjoying the Navarra.

What would you recommend for my first things I should do to the car along with a good phone mount? Tint for sure. Thinking about may be OptiCoat? Any other simple hacks or mods I might want to consider? I'm not doing any performance stuff, I'm talking little things that might be subtle improvements to the car.

Issues thus far: The driver's side exhaust pipes make a subtle ticking/rattling sound at idle, like something loose in there. Also, idle at 900-1k RPM in Comfort or Auto mode (higher idle speed in Dynamic) sounds a bit droney and rough. Car could definitely use more sound insulation, I'd say that for sure. Also, toggling to CarPlay is a bit slow and convoluted.

Otherwise, just driving and learning the systems, and really enjoying it. Lots of tech to get my head around!

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails My '17 S3 Arrived-img_7599.jpg   My '17 S3 Arrived-img_7600.jpg   My '17 S3 Arrived-img_7601.jpg   My '17 S3 Arrived-img_7603.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 11-29-2016, 08:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats! That Navarra Blue color looks great under bright sunlight!
Old 11-29-2016, 10:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So I tried the proclip and I felt like it blocked too much of the passenger side access to A/C controls, seat warmers, ... etc. It was also a really tight fit and I didn't like how it was pressing into the leather of the dash by the A/C controls. The mount itself with the screws showing also detracted quite a bit from the look of the car for passengers. So I've removed it for now. The noise it made when removing still makes me cringe, since it has a bit of a hook on the plastic pieces where it wedges in and was clearly designed to be a permanent solution.

That said, the reason I haven't gone with clearmount is because I like being able to just slide my phone into a holder and have it charge. With clearmount, the best case is having a wire dangling down the middle of the dashboard. It's not as elegant from that perspective and the look without a phone is somewhat unusual. I'm also not sure how well it would handle fingerprint-press unlocking and messing with the phone while mounted. The fact it uses a metal plate also makes me wonder if it would affect the ability to use NFC for payment.

There really aren't many good places to mount a phone, even with a custom mount. Only other places I can see is to have it really close to the arm rest or semi-laying down on one of the curved-up edges of the center console by the cupholders. If that makes sense at all.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

tints and clear bra; LED interior bulbs if yours doesn't have that and weather tech mats. That's what my girlfriend and I did for her 2017 A3
Old 12-03-2016, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice car!
Old 12-04-2016, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

https://www.audiphoneholder.com/

get this mount
Attached Images  
Old 12-05-2016, 07:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by markN1689
On order! Thx!
Old 12-14-2016, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is the difference between that pic labelled audiphoneholder and a clear mount?
Old 12-14-2016, 04:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congratulations! My Navarra Blue is only 5 days old (to me).

I opted for the ClearMount as well.

Also, check this thread.
Old 12-14-2016, 04:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

clearmounts.com resolves to audiphoneholder.com so, no difference.

Originally Posted by OneOfOne
what is the difference between that pic labelled audiphoneholder and a clear mount?