Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models
Old 07-29-2016, 09:36 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A3 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

My A3 Journey/Build (B16 Ride Control Arrived today!)

Old 10-21-2016, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Latest purchase... after a track day, Stoptech ST-40 BBK and Motul RBF600 fluid. Stock brakes on a track - work, but for maybe one short session. Massive brake fade and the fluid def boiled after about the 3rd lap. XDS was set on strong, which helped for stability, but not on all 4 corners. Will set to off/weak next time. Put the steering vibration to maximum too which didn't let the power decrease as much as stock too.

And my track day at Laguna Seca. I'm addicted and going back in Dec! Bought some extra apps to better record with OBD info too. At the end of day, car was misfiring as heatsoak set in. It was abnormally humid that day as a storm was coming in. Being on the track def lets you see the weak spots of the power band!

Last edited by mroberte; 10-21-2016 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-22-2016, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thats freaking awesome brother!!!
Old 11-04-2016, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Loving this thread and reading all the comments here! I just picked up a CPO A3 2.0T Quattro a couple of days ago after being away from the brand. I'm feeling like I'm coming down with the mod bug again!
Old 11-05-2016, 01:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Mind sharing your findings of the XDS and Starting Vibrations adaptation changes?
Old 11-06-2016, 11:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by character zero
Loving this thread and reading all the comments here! I just picked up a CPO A3 2.0T Quattro a couple of days ago after being away from the brand. I'm feeling like I'm coming down with the mod bug again!
Congratulations! The car has been great to me, albeit the oil issue, but happy with it now with all the mods. I couldn't keep away from not modding the car. The stock, non-sport A3, just begs for modding attention and the chassis really has quite the potential. After the new year, might be some new surprises coming :-P.

Originally Posted by rs200z
Mind sharing your findings of the XDS and Starting Vibrations adaptation changes?
For the XDS, it works and works well, just I think I set it back to normal because it intervenes on the track so much. Too much of a baby sitter for my liking. After the track day, all four brakes were smoking like crazy after the first session. I believe I had it on the strong setting. Also after the day, the TPMS and some of the braking system were flashing some warning at me. System most likely going crazy trying to keep up with what I put it through.

The Starting Vibration, I would love to turn this off completely as it removes power incredibly... even when trying to make passes, the car is just eager to not allow wheel spin.

I don't recommend playing with either of the options as they intrude too much if you are drag or tracking the car.

Last edited by mroberte; 11-28-2016 at 11:41 PM.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Got the stoptechs on a few weeks ago! Can't wait to try them out on the track!

Old 11-28-2016, 11:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Some additional CTS Turbo goodies coming thanks to Black Friday sales! RS3 front end should arrive sometime in December too. I'll admit it, I have problems lol ;-D
Old 11-29-2016, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Dude, I wish I lived near you so that I can watch you install these things and get a little skills of my own!
Old 11-29-2016, 11:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by daves4
Dude, I wish I lived near you so that I can watch you install these things and get a little skills of my own!
I love it, my way of a nice relaxing weekend is installing something on the car or taking it for a drive!

BTW, I was surprised, new Cadillac ATS (not sure if 4 or 6 cylinder) was trying to prove something. Long story short, our cars are significantly faster, felt quite proud as I thought the ATS was more powerful.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just added a bunch of items, made some adjustments and lowered the front of the car a tad over the Christmas holiday weekend. Still looks stock for the most part. Took it back out to Laguna Seca and the brakes did a great job of stopping the car, however they did get a little spongy/soft after the end of the first session. The Motul RBF600 fluid is great however might need to find something even higher if its even made. The Intercooler did its job of keeping temperatures great as I didn't notice any heat soak which was nice and consistent for power output.

My AWE Exhaust is being replaced under warranty as its rattling like crazy. Seems like something in the muffler is loose or broken and its creating the metal/metal noise. Hoping they send the new one very soon to get the car back up and running without it sounding like a piece of junk.

Another forum member also found a newer Android system which I might swap out as its built specifically for this car and reads canbus, the major downfall of my current system. Will be later in the year if I do decide to go this route.

CTS Turbo Inlet
CTS Turbo Intercooler
ECS Turbo Blanket
Two Coilpack replacements
Denso IKH24 Spark Plugs
Removed and Returned Spulen Catch Can (causing problems)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My A3 Journey/Build (B16 Ride Control Arrived today!)