Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models
Old 07-29-2016, 09:36 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A3 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

My A3 Journey/Build (B16 Ride Control Arrived today!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got the spacers installed today! Really liking the car so much more!
Old 06-07-2015, 10:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Bilstein Coilover B16 Ride Control Review

Review of the coilovers at: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud.../#post24694004

Last edited by mroberte; 06-13-2015 at 03:14 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Purchased the center console with all the buttons - will be figuring out the wiring in a few weeks when it arrives.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Where did you purchase the spacers from?
Old 06-13-2015, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by T1no33
Any pics with the spacers installed?
Link above in the wheel spacers. It was about 100ish dollars on amazon and showed up at my door about a day later (ships from San Jose, CA).
Old 06-13-2015, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Fuel System Recall - more problems now

I went and picked up my car yesterday from the dealership, told them that I'd be there at about 5pm.

Get the car, immediately noticed it was not washed at all - ding one.
Get in the car, immediately noticed a STRONG gas odor inside the car - ding two. My commute back home was about 1.5hrs. Start driving, all windows are down, sunroof open and it still REEKS! Get home and I have a massive headache from the fumes.

Call the dealership to tell them they need to fix this and that it seems like they spilled gas within the car and I've left the car windows open since yesterday and it has not helped at all. They had to replace the unit, replaced some other part, then kept getting a ECU error code... long story short, the fuse was not there or burnt out. They were saying, we are going to charge you for all the work, I was like, uhm NO, not my problem you couldn't figure out the problem.

Ding three - I brought the car in complaining about the warped rotors. When they called everyday they said the noise from the brakes... I kept saying - what noise? I never said noise from the brakes, I said the rotors feel warped from the day I've gotten the car. I drove the car today, windows down and then noticed a good amount of noise from the front brakes when the car is going slow.

Ding four - I had some VCD changes (listed above) and they seemed to have completely reset the ECU all together. I get it, they needed to, to figure out the ECU error codes, however now I need to do that stuff over, but now my aftermarket rear-view camera is no longer working at all - which is frustrating as I rely on that quite a bit with parking in the city.

All in all, I took the car to get a 15K service and now have a car with more problems that originally went in for. They are blaming the brake issues on the coilover installs, however I said it JUST was installed and you guys had the car more than I did with the coilovers so how does that justify all this noise now?

Hopefully tomorrow I will get a call back from them and they can at least deal with the gas smell as I cannot drive the car from all the fumes. Just really irritating to get the car back like this. Gas smells do not go away for a LONG time too.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Oh man, that sucks. Sorry to read all of that. Good luck with dealership and don't take no for an answer.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I won't go into past Audi dealer experience, it would be a long read and no one would believe me anyway. I'm hopeful my Audi will never see the dealership. My Kia Turbo hasn't and I'm past 30K. Well, actually it did as I bought it slightly used. They failed to tell me about the long scratch in the bumper. I left it there for them to repaint the bumper. When I picked it up they had dinged the rear panel. It wasn't going back.

I'm in San Jose so what dealer are you dealing with?
Old 06-16-2015, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NoFlyZone
I won't go into past Audi dealer experience, it would be a long read and no one would believe me anyway. I'm hopeful my Audi will never see the dealership. My Kia Turbo hasn't and I'm past 30K. Well, actually it did as I bought it slightly used. They failed to tell me about the long scratch in the bumper. I left it there for them to repaint the bumper. When I picked it up they had dinged the rear panel. It wasn't going back.

I'm in San Jose so what dealer are you dealing with?
Palo Alto Dealership. I've overall had a great experience with the service writers, but the mechanics seem to not be up to par and/or they seriously have had no training for this new chassis. The work is sloppy. Yelped them and seems to be the jist, mechanics don't seem to be trained enough.

I'll be taking the car to SF or millbrae to see about the brake making noise and the original issue I had - the warped rotors.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Got the car back today, they apologized and said "thank you for being so understanding" I said, I'm just happy I'm not going to die from the fumes now.

Apparently, they forget to put a locking ring on the pump seal, and that was causing all the fuel leakage. I've really lost confidence in this dealership's ability to pay attention and their mechanics overall knowledge of the cars they are servicing.

Its unfortunate, because I've had such great service from them, but this is just too much. My brakes are making all kinds of squeaking on low speeds. Rear camera still not working. Will be renting the VCD thing again when I'm back from vacation and hopefully this helps me figure out that issue.

Quick Reply: My A3 Journey/Build (B16 Ride Control Arrived today!)