Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

New member, just turned 40, too old for an S3?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey stop talking about old people. I'm in my 70's and have an A4 Cabriolet with the Chipwerke chip module installed. The A4 is now a very fast car, 25-30 % faster than the stock version, probably too fast for me but you never stop having fun. Just like Plat and Alloy above, go for it.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

My wife is approaching 50 and loves hers and I'm 60 and have an S7 as my daily driver. I have found the cars I wanted when I was younger are now so much more affordable. Drive what you want and what makes you happy, age has nothing to do with it.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

56 this weekend actually. And I get faster every year. LOL. Stage I on my S3 already and soon will have Stage II. S3 keeps me young at heart. With class. No boy toy WRX STI stuff. Set everything to comfort mode and it's a smooth touring car. Go to dynamic mode and your inner Michael Schumacher can come out. S3 is the best car I've ever owned. Ordered mine before there any available in the USA. No regrets. Only smiles.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
56 this weekend actually. And I get faster every year. LOL. Stage I on my S3 already and soon will have Stage II. S3 keeps me young at heart. With class. No boy toy WRX STI stuff. Set everything to comfort mode and it's a smooth touring car. Go to dynamic mode and your inner Michael Schumacher can come out. S3 is the best car I've ever owned. Ordered mine before there any available in the USA. No regrets. Only smiles.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY "old man" Lol- at 58 I release my inner Gilles Villeneuve
Old 12-07-2016, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
Wow I am very surprised at how many responses I got similar to this one. Turns out the S3 is a popular car for lots of people, not just the ones I had slotted in. Says a lot about the vehicle to be honest.

Strange thing is that I havent even driven one yet. Ill be doing that in the next few weeks as we head towards the best discount periods.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the welcome, I learned early into my BMW ownership how helpful these places can be. At the end of the day I need to get in one and drive it around.

The M240i is a great car, I had the chance to do the BMW driving school in SC and they put us in that all day. Really fun.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Late to the party. I'm 62. I have recently found that I am enjoying the S3 more by setting Drive Select to INDIVIDUAL, setting magnetic ride suspension to COMFORT, steering and exhaust to DYNAMIC. Takes lots of roughness out of the terrible roads in my neck of the woods.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're already way too young to drive one of these things then.

Old 12-07-2016, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Steven Simkin
HAPPY BIRTHDAY "old man" Lol- at 58 I release my inner Gilles Villeneuve
Thanks Steve! I'm actually a Steve as well. And 50 ish is the new 40 ish, right?

Gilles is the man! Loved watching him race in the day. Tragically ironic, first live F1 race I ever attended was the '82 Belgium GP, the race which Gilles lost his life during practice the day prior. That hurt everyone and the sport. He was THE reason I went to see the race. The S3 certainly does inspire fun AND confidence at the same time. Hell of a machine!
Old 12-07-2016, 07:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

46 here, and feeling quite natural in my new S3.